advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Brexit never ends. Like a tortured Wheddonesque Groundhog Day, but with an ever recycled cast of useless prime ministers and it all turns into season 50-something of “the purge meets eat the rich”

Thank you.
PS Is the fat liar dead in that ditch yet?
356aad48afc4bcfe12056552304c124f174abc9f.jpeg

It has been apparent that this country has been and continues to be led by people who could not be less suited for the position they hold. I cannot think of one positive aspect or quality that the incumbent prime minister is in possession of and he has to be removed and I'm not particularly fussed how that is achieved given his chicanery and willingness to abuse and misuse parliament. The only way forward is a general election followed by a second referendum. This man, not forgetting his predecessors, and his familiar Cummings have conspired to do more societal damage to this country than any foreign enemy has achieved in centuries and it must come to an end. It beggars belief that polls seem to indicate continuing popularity for the repugnant Johnson and only foments the notion, as a Scot, of being handcuffed to a corpse given the recurring elections of Tory governments and the path they are leading us down.
England, you need to get this and yourselves sorted out or the UK will disintegrate. Are enough of you that (ahem) ill informed or just do not care about these matters?

Saturday was meant to be Johnson's historic Phoney Churchill- Eve of War day in Parliament and it ended up as bad panto. Two women- Joanne Cherry and Gina Miller had to drag him to court to obey the law and he tries to avoid his legal responsibility again by sending an unsigned, school boy passive aggressive letter to Europe. Read into that behaviour what you will. Unrestrained, he’ll go full Trump.

Labour do not propose a viable alternative, that's why. Corbyn is a useless leader of the oppostion, he doesn't help.
Is that easy enough for you to understand.evjk BBC

What you mean is Labour don’t provide a viable alternative for people like you. Maybe that’s because deep down to your bones you’re a Tory who actually buys into the whole Tory Schtik. Or you simply can’t differentiate between good and bad for the majority. I don’t know. Are you a Conservative supporter?

By voting Tory you become an enabler for the misery they inflict on millions every time they come to government.

When those severely disabled people have to literally drag themselves to a fit for work assessment that is with the tacit approval of Tory supporters.

All those poor, cold, malnourished children that are living in B&Bs or shitty bedsits are they because people like you thought that was a price worth paying for Tories being elected.

Those rough sleepers you see on the streets of York, Manchester and London. Get used to them and rejoice in their misery cos of the Tories win again it will get worse.

Maybe Tory voters are incredibly lucky and don’t need the NHS. I have two mates waiting for cancer treatment. The delays are shocking, heartbreaking and totally unacceptable. If Tory voters support this nasty, right wing shower of shit at the next election you can rest assured that despite Johnson’s electioneering bullshit spouted on his ill-judged hospital tour, things will get worse. How do I know this? Very simple. The NHS always suffers under the Conservatives.

So they’re the sort of things that happen if people see them as a fitting choice for our society.

So, yeah, in answer to your question your position is very easy for me to understand.

*apologies to forum members for long post.

Jeez....... when will this shit end...nuff already.

Really can't believe the underhandedness of what going on right now. First BJ's unsigned letter then a personal signed letter stating the opposite!!

FFS when did the House of Commons become a dick-traitor-ship

The SNP’s Joanna Cherry looks set to challenge the Bullingdon Bell-end’s unsigned tantrum in court on Monday (Independent).

The court date was set for Monday a while back and deliberately set to ensure that Johnson would be held in contempt if he failed to comply with the law. Which he has -- not signing is irrelevant, the side letters will be ignored, the EU has immediately recognised it as a legitimate request for delay. So there is now not much to say or do in court on Monday. Remember Cherry was speaking after Johnson's reply in parliament which seemed to imply he was going to break the law, but then he rolled over like a Poundshop Trump and did what parliament had instructed him to do.

As ever with these things legal twitter is your friend : https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1185699948475617280

If one must read journalists, avoid Peston, Laura K., Shippers, etc. and go with Sky's Beth Rigby : https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1185668023635628042

IMHO much the drama will be in parliament and what the speaker will do with regard to Rees-Mogg's questionable approach to running the order and business of the house.

It gets worse. He’s sending the letter but he hasn’t signed it. Utterly pathetic. What a cretin.

He’s also sending two other letters.

I, myself, received a letter from Johnson this morning.

He can’t have used Royal Mail on a Sunday. He should have used Yodel-the letter would be lying ruined by the rain after being thrown over the EU’s back fence.

Stephen

The court date was set for Monday a while back and deliberately set to ensure that Johnson would be held in contempt if he failed to comply with the law. Which he has -- not signing is irrelevant, the side letters will be ignored, the EU has immediately recognised it as a legitimate request for delay. So there is now not much to say or do in court on Monday. Remember Cherry was speaking after Johnson's reply in parliament which seemed to imply he was going to break the law, but then he rolled over like a Poundshop Trump and did what parliament had instructed him to do.

As ever with these things legal twitter is your friend : https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1185699948475617280

If one must read journalists, avoid Peston, Laura K., Shippers, etc. and go with Sky's Beth Rigby : https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1185668023635628042

IMHO much the drama will be in parliament and what the speaker will do with regard to Rees-Mogg's questionable approach to running the order and business of the house.

Excellent post and very helpful links. Cheers.

Peston is totally useless. He’s lost the plot.

Brexit has finished the Conservative Party. Anyone decent or intelligent has either left (Heidi Allen, Rory Stewart, Sarah Woolaston etc), has been purged, or is cowering and disenfranchised on the back benches and likely stepping down next election. There is no moderate ‘one nation’ Conservative Party left. What we have now is something thoroughly nasty driven by the tax haven disaster capitalism of the ERG and is targeting the very dumbest and most xenophobic dregs of the UKIP voter demographic. Every Conservative voter I know (which admittedly isn’t many, plus they tend to be pretty bright and successful) has dropped the party like a hot brick.

Just wait until you see who’ll be elected as Conservatives at the next election. They’ll make this lot look like lefty liberals.

Stephen

I, myself, received a letter from Johnson this morning.

He can’t have used Royal Mail on a Sunday. He should have used Yodel-the letter would be lying ruined by the rain after being thrown over the EU’s back fence.

Stephen
Did it have a wine glass ring on it and a scribbled note in the margin saying - “Feed the dog, he’s yours now. I’m not coming back” Carrie.

Because of May's (and now Johnson's) dismissal of remainers and experts, most voters appear to have become radicalised in one way or another. PFM, in many ways, reflects this, so it's not surprising that tempers run high here too.

Yet, nuance still exits.

A woman on Any Answers, a farmer, voted remain but now wants to 'just get on with it'. A man who voted leave because of worries on immigration thought the EU would cave in and revise FOM but now thinks we should have a second referendum and stay in. An Irish student leaver now realises his vote to leave was a protest vote. A student studying in the EU is furious that older people have voted to remove the rights that they themselves enjoyed.

I hear a lot of 'just get on with it' from both sides. I'm surprised when a remain voter says this as they generally accept the evidence that Brexit is a really bad thing and Johnson's deal is a really bad thing.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back