advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farage and his Brexit chums showing just where their interests lie...
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-brexit-party-eu-vote-elections-a9150571.html
I suspect no American would ever have believed a U.S President would take the word of a Russian President and ex-KGB officer against that of the FBI and conduct a meeting with him without diplomats present then confiscating the interpreter’s notes. Putin has indeed been funding far right groups in Europe and America and Farage has common cause with him in damaging Europe. You can imagine how this will make Britain look, coming as it does on the heels of the offensive racist poster tweeted by cheeky Arron, his bankroller.

UK already up to £66bn poorer because of Brexit vote, study shows
Hit to national income – around £420m a week – greater than Boris Johnson’s discredited claim of a £350m boost to be lavished on the NHS

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...e-fiscal-studies-growth-exports-a9146386.html
"The new assessment will strengthen criticism that the pre-referendum warnings of the consequences, branded ‘Project Fear’ by Brexit supporters, in fact reflect the reality of what has happened. "
The expert on experts will be along in a minute to tell us exactly what they should have said.

Loverly!

941.jpg

UK already up to £66bn poorer because of Brexit vote, study shows
Hit to national income – around £420m a week – greater than Boris Johnson’s discredited claim of a £350m boost to be lavished on the NHS

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...e-fiscal-studies-growth-exports-a9146386.html

"The new assessment will strengthen criticism that the pre-referendum warnings of the consequences, branded ‘Project Fear’ by Brexit supporters, in fact reflect the reality of what has happened. "
The expert on experts will be along in a minute to tell us exactly what they should have said.

We’ve had 3.5 years of stagnation while May has been trying to do a remain deal that can be sold as a leave deal. Parliament has been in deadlock, hard-remainers doing everything possible to impede progress in their attempt to overturn a democratic referendum. None of it is a surprise.

The secrion below reveals the politics of the person who wrote the report and of the child who wrote this story for a comic pretending to be a serious newspaper...
Remaining in the EU would be best for growth,” the study concludes – although the benefit could be wiped out by Labour’s plans to hike tax, nationalise industries and tighten labour market regulation, it argues.

The desperation of the hard-remainers has become quite a spectacle the last couple of days and it’s getting worse.

It was widely reported this evening that progress had been made in relation to the Irish backstop arrangements in talks between the British and Irish governments.

Ray

It was widely reported this evening that progress had been made in relation to the Irish backstop arrangements in talks between the British and Irish governments.

Ray

So which of the incompatible objectives will have been sacrificed? We have waited so long to see which of the competing interests is going to be pissed off. Is Farage yelling sell out? The DUP ready to abandon their ludicrous position? I think we should be told.

We’ve had 3.5 years of stagnation while May has been trying to do a remain deal that can be sold as a leave deal. Parliament has been in deadlock, hard-remainers doing everything possible to impede progress in their attempt to overturn a democratic referendum. None of it is a surprise.

Have you forgotten that May's withdrawal agreement (it's not a deal) was a direct consequence of her red lines?

Or that May triggered A50 before discussing what was and wasn't acceptable to the house of democratically elected MPs?

Or that May didn't get a majority in the 2017 GE?

In the context of Johnson trying to manoeuvre any hint of criticism into his end game big blame territory I think “we can see a possible pathway to a possible deal” is a euphemism for “you’re talking bollocks again, Boris”

I am not sure I really understand Southern Irelands position, if they push too hard they will get exactly what they don't want. I appreciate that Brexit is an English confection but surely some kind of compromise can be achieved?

I am not sure I really understand Southern Irelands position, if they push too hard they will get exactly what they don't want. I appreciate that Brexit is an English confection but surely some kind of compromise can be achieved?

How if Parliament has legislated against "crashing" out?

My bet is customs border in Irish Sea but with some kind of Stormont control. Let’s see.
The only sensible solution is a great big boat called the SS Stormont on permanent patrol in the Irish Sea. Arlene Foster on the Bridge and Gerry Adams in charge of the engine room, what could possibly go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back