advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS1

I heard that, pardon?
A no-deal v remain CV seems most likely, the more Johnson (Cummings) goes on - the more he isolates people. That parallel universe in Manchester couldn't get excited when Loathesome tried her hand at rabble rousing. I will try and find a link....tumbleweed as toes curled. Did she explain how Boris will get Brexit done with a deal? Why yes, just using his personal "pizzazz".

Even the seasoned conference voting fodder found themselves examining their own shoes.

Soon enough you'll be able to use pound notes.
Unfortunately, the pound note was replaced by a coin a few years back, so that's only going to work if you're trying to plug the flow, as it were. We could use five, or ten pound notes, but they've recently been replaced by plastic 'paper' which is rather shiny and unabsorbent (not unlike the old and unlamented 'Izal' beloved of institutions (and my grandma) in the '60s and '70s). Twenty pound notes are still proper paper, but if it becomes economically worthwhile to use them, we're probably in the shit so deep that no amount of toilet paper is going to help.

A no-deal v remain CV seems most likely, the more Johnson (Cummings) goes on - the more he isolates people. That parallel universe in Manchester couldn't get excited when Loathesome tried her hand at rabble rousing. I will try and find a link....tumbleweed as toes curled. Did she explain how Boris will get Brexit done with a deal? Why yes, just using his personal "pizzazz".

Even the seasoned conference voting fodder found themselves examining their own shoes.
I noticed that too- minister after minister dying on their feet at conference, with a very sombre atmosphere and gags falling flat. It had an eve of war feel- a patriotic war they have a deep seated anxiety about being lost already and at a terrible cost. Johnson has ordered the entire party to fly a kamikaze mission.

<snip>
Once the toilet paper runs out (and it will likely run out very quickly*), things will get very messy.

* You'll always find some on eBay, though. I predict it will be going for £5 to £10 per roll at the height of the shortages.

I don't wish to cause undue panic, but... literally everything. If people panic.

We are also likely to see the phenomenon with Brexit of people regretting not taking the warnings seriously and stockpiling earlier and this is likely to lead to a greater desire to not get caught out again and thus shops will find it almost impossible to maintain regular stocks.
Well, I'm not in a state of panic but I do have 12 months supply of toilet roll because we buy this kind of thing in bulk when it's on a good deal, but wondering now if I should stockpile more, especially if it's going to be worth £10 per roll.

I don't wish to cause undue panic, but... literally everything. If people panic.

We are also likely to see the phenomenon with Brexit of people regretting not taking the warnings seriously and stockpiling earlier and this is likely to lead to a greater desire to not get caught out again and thus shops will find it almost impossible to maintain regular stocks.

Plus we must also understand that it is insane for an island that imports 50% of its food* to be actively willing to undergo the disruption of 'no deal' so we would also have to face the grim realisation that we'd have a serious shortage of sanity in the Government if they actually did it.

* https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...tics-in-your-pocket-2017-global-and-uk-supply
Only 30% of UK food comes from the EU. Countries outside the EU will maybe help us out if our friends in the EU cannot supply us with goods.

Ah you mentioned it. Why is Corbyn not weaving a reply that includes Kamikaze or Hari Kari into every reply to BJ's surrender utterance. Marry it to something along the lines the Japanese had a honour about them but BJ is just trying to save himself and his non tax paying rich acquaintances.

On the leaked proposal sure anybody half watching Brexit expected a proposal like that. BJ is angling for a winning position in a general election. Any proposals over the next month will all be designed to bolster that bigger goal.
Hope the opposition and EU see it that way and ensure they respond carefully to bring that point out.

There has to be massive tax/profit implications for Moggs et all's fortunes for this behaviour. It has nothing to do with the £9.50 per week storm troopers.

The ongoing toilet roll discussion is about as technical as the best proposals Barclay and his helpers will come up.

I noticed that too- minister after minister dying on their feet at conference, with a very sombre atmosphere and gags falling flat. It had an eve of war feel- a patriotic war they have a deep seated anxiety about being lost already and at a terrible cost. Johnson has ordered the entire party to fly a kamikaze mission.

Well, I'm not in a state of panic but I do have 12 months supply of toilet roll because we buy this kind of thing in bulk when it's on a good deal, but wondering now if I should stockpile more, especially if it's going to be worth £10 per roll.

The world's gone mad. The Tories are now the Workers Party and Brian's a black market entrepreneur, Crispin Odey meets Kleenex.

The world's gone mad. The Tories are now the Workers Party and Brian's a black market entrepreneur, Crispin Odey meets Kleenex.

He is as bad as Mogg exploiting the needed. I half expect ET to jump in to advise he has done the same with the bog rolls but he intends giving them all away as that is the kind of person he is. He will not do to the diarrhoea ridden brexiteers what the EU did to the Greeks.

Ah you mentioned it. Why is Corbyn not weaving a reply that includes Kamikaze or Hari Kari into every reply to BJ's surrender utterance. Marry it to something along the lines the Japanese had a honour about them but BJ is just trying to save himself and his non tax paying rich acquaintances.

Mentioning the surrender act is maybe similar to the £350 million on the side of the bus.

If our worst fears come to pass Stockpiling essentials should become a criminal offence.

Only 30% of UK food comes from the EU. Countries outside the EU will maybe help us out if our friends in the EU cannot supply us with goods.

If there's no deal then on average it's been estimated that there will be a 22% increase in imported food costs. One option would be to set zero tariffs on food imports, but that would have a hugely detrimental effect on UK producers, and increase our dependence on imports...

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201719/ldselect/ldeucom/129/129.pdf

Leadsom video in this post: Gropegate: Conservative Party Conference 2019

No doubt at tariff free reduced prices. Ireland might even donate any remaining oifig an tsoláthair toilet paper. You British with your soft bottoms have never experienced a sand paper experience like this stuff. It will either make a man out of you or you will bleed to death.

Unfortunately, the pound note was replaced by a coin a few years back, so that's only going to work if you're trying to plug the flow, as it were. We could use five, or ten pound notes, but they've recently been replaced by plastic 'paper' which is rather shiny and unabsorbent (not unlike the old and unlamented 'Izal' beloved of institutions (and my grandma) in the '60s and '70s). Twenty pound notes are still proper paper, but if it becomes economically worthwhile to use them, we're probably in the shit so deep that no amount of toilet paper is going to help.

It'll be dollars, surely? :rolleyes: Are they still made of paper? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back