Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Van Damme speaker cable

Discussion in 'audio' started by Bourneendboy, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Bourneendboy

Bourneendboy pfm Member

I'm looking for some speaker cable to go betwen my Exposure xxv and Kans. Struggling to find the usual recommendations and came across this-

http://www.clearly-av.co.uk/v506000.html

Does anyone use or used this? Would be interested in any feedback.

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Not seen that one, but I'm using some of their 'Blue' studio speaker cable in my second system. It seems fine, but I've not compared it to anything. It comes in different thicknesses, up to 6mm IIRC. Mine is the 1.5mm - I just wanted something cheap and easy to route as it's just the TV / office system.

3. kristoffer

kristoffer Danish Hi Fi NERD

Seriously that's what they are called? Does Van Damme use them in his system?! Then they must be kick ass!

4. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

Van Damme speaker cables offer lots of copper, and flexibility, at a low price. It's good stuff.

5. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

6. Ian Sampson

Ian Sampson pfm Member

That's the cable I had my speakers rewired with, as single runs from each drive unit to banana plugs at the other end.

Very good cable for an excellent price.

7. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

Which one Ian, the Sommer Cable or the VanDamme?

PS, no X-overs then??

8. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

Sommer - also has enough copper. Seriously, there's nothing between them.

9. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

I agree Martin :) I used it because it's whats inside also.

10. Interzone

Interzone pfm Member

11. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

Detail is my life.

12. Bourneendboy

Bourneendboy pfm Member

13. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

14. Peter Stockwell

Peter Stockwell deep fried and gone

Another Sommercable user here

15. Bourneendboy

Bourneendboy pfm Member

Which Sommer cable are you using chaps, Eclipse or Orbit?
    The Orbit has a very low capacitance.

16. paskinn

paskinn pfm Member

Don't rule out Supra, slightly more costly but still a proper 'value' cable made by the Supra factory (Van Dam et al are probably bought-in things. ) Sadly, if you believe cables make a different then simply refering to the amount of copper etc is not going to get you too far.If you think they all sound the same, buy the cheapest! Me, I use a fairly thick Supra and don't worry.

17. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

I've made up a 6m pair with SC-ECLIPSE SPQ-240MKII with Goldplated 4mm solder bucket Deltrons which were £18 from eBay. All in all these cost me £60 to build. I've also put 50mm of heat shrink on the ends of the outer sheath for that pro build look :) left 100mm of the two red and Blue cores exposed.

The SC-ORBIT-240MKII is used inside my amp. I found this out from this picture and is why i bought the cable, maybe a bit OCD'ish but hey, it feels right :) :

http://www.perreaux.com/assets/gallery/eloquence/150i/source/150i-Top-Lid-Off.jpg

18. panda

panda pfm Member

anybody try the van damme black series? it has lower capacitance than the blue.

19. Peter Stockwell

Peter Stockwell deep fried and gone

Elephant 425 in biwire

20. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5