Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Valve power amp

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by slammed56, Jan 6, 2021.

1. slammed56

slammed56 pfm Member

Got a few systems on the go at the moment and I’m looking for a more suitable power amp to drive my Tannoy HPD385s in Lockwood Major cabinets

What I’ve gathered from reading old posts on this subject is that some of these amps may be suitable (EAR, larger Radfords,Tube Distinction copper, etc) I’m open to suggestions guys

budget £2.5k

thanks

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  2. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

Budget?

3. slammed56

slammed56 pfm Member

Knew If forget something

post amended

4. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

Can you stretch to £3K? If you can, then I'd go for a brand new Radford Revival STA25. Job done. Forever.

£2.5K is more than enough to buy you a well cared for/fully rebuilt used example.

5. slammed56

slammed56 pfm Member

That’s interesting ,Mike
    Had no idea that they were still making them ,I’ll go check them out

6. Evo

Evo pfm Member

I cannot recommend a Radford enough. I own a Radford Revival sta25 and it drives my rfc Cheviots admirably. Speak to Will- top bloke. I bought an Audiolab 8000c as a stand in pre which was very good but then bought a Rothwell Indus- for the money the Rothwell/ Radford/ Tannoy combo is superb.

Martian Sunrise likes this.
  7. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

I both a Leak Stereo 20 and original Radford STA25. Both are delightful with my Tannoys.

The RR STA25 is a superb quality thing and good VFM too.

Evo likes this.
  8. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Why have I only ever heard great things about Radford and RR? Seriously I don't think I've ever come across another brand (s) with 100% satisfaction. (Excluding the old pres and hybrid amps which I was told to avoid.)