advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

Second AZ on Wednesday. Feeling knackered, and lots of aches. Dragged myself out for a run this morning but really hard work. Arm doesn’t hurt, and haven’t got the brain fog I had last time. Hoping to feel more on it tomorrow.

Second AZ injection at 13:25 today. Painless, no after effects yet. I had a bit of a temperature next day after the first time. They certainly gave me the full treatment about the check-list, no piercing or surgery in the last 28 days .... and on and on. Plus they gave me a printout on blood clots. I'll read it later.

But we had a laugh while about it. They let me in early, and asked me if I was driving ... if so wait for a while. I was on foot from the Bus Station that is more than two miles from the vaccination centre ...

Plus I had a real nice couple of pints of Hereford Pale Ale at the Barrells [Wye Valley Brewery's Hereford pub] with an old friend. First visit to a pub for twelve months.

So in three weeks time I'll be as immune as the current state of the art allows.

Best wishes from George

As a result of my mixed vaccination, I've been invited to take part in a study by Public Health England to monitor the effect of mixing vaccines on antibody levels. It looks like I just need to give some blood occasionally for monitoring, up to two years after vaccination.
Have signed up!

Hi folks, just had my second jab, so relived ,

now do i have monday and tuesday off, because im not feeling to well, with pay, who knows feeling ok at the mo,

Just a quick update after my second AZ dose on Saturday. I was fine all afternoon and evening, but definitely had a bit of temperature in the night. Fine on Sunday though. I ran a temperature the first time, but this was less.

I have the next fortnight house-sitting! Chickens, vegetables and plants to tend, and just relax in the beautiful surrounding common land that is the Bromyard Downs!

Best wishes from George

I have to say since second jab a few weeks back I'm generally feeling a lot better - hard to know if psychological or not but for the past year I've had weird and sporadic symptoms in lots of different places like random heartburn/ stomach pain, chest tightness, headaches, nothing debilitating but I feel back to normal now. I didn't have Covid as far as I know, and could all be psychosomatic I guess, or maybe the onset of summer and the positive effect that can have on how you feel. Anyone else had a similar experience?

nearly a week since my AZ2 still arm sore. Had a few hot nights, but that ain't unusual for me

Have a lingering taste of burning rubbish and its all I can smell. Had it for 3 or 4 days and am not on fire.

Have a lingering taste of burning rubbish and its all I can smell. Had it for 3 or 4 days and am not on fire.
Not sure if that’s a serious post, but my post-COVID experience has included several bouts of phantom smells, usually lasting 3 days or so each time. One smell was smoke, the other was petrol. Never both together, but one or the other was all-pervading. It’s like walking around in clothes you’d spilt a bit of petrol on, or in a house with a wood burner and a blocked chimney. Hasn’t happened for a few weeks, and my sense of smell continues to recover so hopefully they’ll recede as it improves.

Been asked to take a random Covid test by Imperial College. Obviously I signed up. This would be my first Covid test ...

The test-kit will be sent me by the normal post.

Best wishes from George

Random selection from GP lists, across all areas. It is supposed to gather data on how much symptom-free Covid may be in the community. Of course, I am an unlikely case these days with my two doses of vaccine and also almost certainly had the virus itself in March 2020.

I suspect that this kind of information is going to be crucial in determining what is safe in terms of opening up the restrictions. So I am glad to offer any help I am asked to. I did volunteer for the actual early vaccine trials, but was not selected. I did give permission for them to read my medical notes. They will see that the information I entered is correct!

Best wishes from George

What do I get for my trouble and pain?
Second AZ vacc at a Pharmacy in Whalley Range.

Sore arm. Major snooze. Tea made for me.

Been asked to take a random Covid test by Imperial College. Obviously I signed up. This would be my first Covid test ...

The test-kit will be sent me by the normal post.

Best wishes from George

I managed to botch two of these. The first I didn't get enough blood out of my finger (you only need a couple of drops) and the second I was concentrating so hard on getting enough blood I dropped it in the wrong slot. Surprisingly they haven't invited me for a third.

Second (Astrazeneca) dose yesterday. No side-effects at all; sore arm but nowhere near as sore / stiff as after the first dose.

advertisement

Back