advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

I had mine done at work just before Christmas (23rd), arm ache for that night and next day. Have been told the second one has been delayed so that everyone else can get the first one done before giving us the follow-up jag.

Mind you I've had to phone Microsoft twice but all they did was tell me to reboot in safe mode *
* Kidding of course.

I would suggest that pain at an injection site is due to the irritant effect of injecting a small amount of liquid into a muscle, with a needle.
Yep, it does tend to smart a little... Heparin in the belly on a regular basis can get pretty uncomfortable too, that definitely isn’t an immune reaction, just bruising.

I had mine done at work just before Christmas (23rd), arm ache for that night and next day. Have been told the second one has been delayed so that everyone else can get the first one done before giving us the follow-up jag.

Mind you I've had to phone Microsoft twice but all they did was tell me to reboot in safe mode *
* Kidding of course.

Free car on the second visit, that’s orate int it!

Hi Dweezil. High risk for tetanus, or Covid? I only ask because I’m 20 minutes south west of Colchester, and there doesn’t seem to be much vaccine action around here yet, although I know an alarming number of people who currently have or have had Covid.

I guess you should be thankful that you don't live 20 minutes south-east of Colchester.

Gillray is fabulous, thanks for posting. I’d love to see what he would do with Johnson were he alive today?

A field day, I should think. He'd undoubtedly knock Saint Nicky down a peg or two as well, and it wouldn't be before time.

Hi Dweezil. High risk for tetanus, or Covid? I only ask because I’m 20 minutes south west of Colchester, and there doesn’t seem to be much vaccine action around here yet, although I know an alarming number of people who currently have or have had Covid.

Hi Graham, high risk for Tetanus, no Covid vaccine seen up here yet.

I know loads of people who've had Covid around the country, no fatalities yet. My niece was virtually asymptomatic but her husband was pretty rough; daughter in London almost certainly had it back in April and was quite ill but she always works too hard and gets every illness going.

One guy who works for me lost his grandfather to Covid, then his uncle tested positive so self isolation plus testing. His grandmother has escaped infection somehow.

I was told tetanus is so bad around here because of all the fighting 900 years ago which left spores in the soil. More died from tetanus than the physical effects of injuries; only know two people who contracted tetanus, one died.

The boss had a text from our Doc's surgery yesterday

Short version :
We are one of the vac centres
We will contact you. Do not contact us.

Had my flu jab September. Felt 'not right' for a couple of days after. Been fine previous years

My daughter is working at a local Vac centre helping with getting people through the system etc. They usually have some vaccine left over each day as there are between 5 and 6 doses in each bottle and until they get to the end of the day they don't know how much they are over so will be calling local people or friends and relatives of the staff to get the jab late in the day. My daughter has a list of at risk people (neighbours/grandparents of friends etc) that she can call if they have spare. The Vac centre has really thought about how to do this, compared with stories from my US colleagues of first come first served queues for the vaccine with not real attempt to manage the process.

I would suggest that pain at an injection site is due to the irritant effect of injecting a small amount of liquid into a muscle, with a needle.

I had the flu jab in December. Was advised to keep the arm moving, so went for a walk immediately we got home, and moved my arm in an exaggerated manner. No pain at all (other than the very mild touch sensitive tenderness). Not sure if the theatrics helped!

I had the flu jab in December. Was advised to keep the arm moving, so went for a walk immediately we got home, and moved my arm in an exaggerated manner. No pain at all (other than the very mild touch sensitive tenderness). Not sure if the theatrics helped!

despite swinging from the chandelier - mine (arm) was painful for about a week, which is par for the course for me with a flu vax. Despite asking for it in my left arm (I am left handed) as I have a damaged right shoulder, right elbow, wrist and now trigger thumb (all are which are painful) they insist on using my non dominant arm.......

As far as I'm able to calculate (which is probably better than the Government's calculations) as a 69-year-old retiree with no known health complications, I'd be lucky if I managed to get the jab by the summer !
Ho-hum more staying indoors I suppose..

(my flu vaccinations don't even give me a sore arm let alone anything remotely painful so hoping the CV jab will be as free from side effects)

My daughter is a Staff Nurse on a respiratory High Dependency Unit (HDU) full of people suffering with covid-19. She had her first dose of vaccine around the 19th Dec. and said it was unremarkable.
Daughter is the only person we know who has had the vaccine.

advertisement

Back