advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

Though we have had a vaccine against the flu since the 1940's, yet more than 20,000 died in the UK from the flu in 1999.
The population has grown by 8 million since then.
The flu vaccination programme in the UK started in the late 1960s.

Crucially, it will be important to communicate to policy makers and the general public that first-generation vaccines are only one tool in the overall public health response to COVID-19 and unlikely to be the ultimate solution that many expect.

https://www.thelancet.com/article/S0140-6736(20)31976-0/fulltext

Those who receive the vaccine early should note that it does not prevent you from infection or the ability to spread it to others.

The_cow_pock.jpg

They're hiding the side effects don't get the vaccine.
Gillray is fabulous, thanks for posting. I’d love to see what he would do with Johnson were he alive today?

I would suggest that pain at an injection site is due to the irritant effect of injecting a small amount of liquid into a muscle, with a needle.

I haven’t checked the exact contents of each vaccine, but many vaccines contain an ‘adjuvant’ which is an irritant designed to increase the efficacy (hence the swelling). Does anyone know if the COVID vaccines do this?

I would suggest that pain at an injection site is due to the irritant effect of injecting a small amount of liquid into a muscle, with a needle.
The flu jab this (last!) year locked my arm up, and then hurt for days. The B12 jabs I have regularly have never done this.

The flu jab this (last!) year locked my arm up, and then hurt for days. The B12 jabs I have regularly have never done this.

I had the Flu jab in Nov and no reaction at all. The jabs I got for a trip to India a couple of years back were brutal, sore arm for weeks.

I received a call about my mother today concerning vaccination. She is 77 and has dementia, MS and is bed bound. I felt a certain relief after the call but the GP could not give me a time or date for when it will happen.

At least something is happening.

I s'pose Norfolk will be trailing the trialling; we're a bit behind over here. I had a jab in the arse when I was much younger; tetanus, maybe? Bronto had nothing on that ache.

Some interesting and hopefully knowledgeable comments so far. I know the vaccine takes a couple of weeks or so to become effective and suspected that it doesn't prevent infection (and therefore transmission) but simply protects against severe effects. Interesting dichotomy between hurting because of the penetration injury or because it's a sign of efficacy. Maybe both?

"Ladies and gentlemen, this coach will be arriving shortly in Fakenham. Don't forget to set your watches back forty years..."
I was visiting a friend in Feckenham (Worcs) a couple of years ago. As I got out of my car another drew up alongside and an Irish accent asked me if I knew the way to the racecourse.

advertisement

Back