advertisement

V-talk: vegan, vegetarian and verisimilitude

One solution might be to inject a small controlled dose of the virus and so allow people like me to develop a tolerance to the virus, as it were. I've no idea whether that's possible but I'd be inclined to give it a go...

Erm.... you first, please.... & which mutation would you like, sir :( ?

Difficult decisions for everyone...

Erm.... you first, please.... & which mutation would you like, sir :( ?

Difficult decisions for everyone...

For better or worse, the more I think about it the more it seems that that horse has probably already bolted. The AZ vaccine is a biological derivative of the virus, apparently, and now that it's in production, I can't see any company attempting to manufacture a similar, safe-dose option but one which goes from petri dish straight to human vaccination (the requirement for animal testing notwithstanding). And designing such an option that draws on established research would simply involve animal testing one step removed.

It might well be the case that there really is no alternative beyond being vaccinated or taking one's chances and hoping for the best. I don't know. Either way, I've made my bed.

I feel somewhat sorry that this thread has become more about the animal cruelty side of veganism - how fun and how long ago it was, it seems, when it was simply about food that didn't contain any animal product, like those yummy Walls Vegan Magnums. Simpler times. Happier times, perhaps. But where we are is where we are.

Steak & eggs for breakfast, mate (with apologies to Crocodile Dundee)?

No-one apologises to Crocodile Dundee. I lived the the NT, mate. The Croc eats muesli with a gentle frosting of soy milk. Won't tell you what he eats for lunch, but, if you're a beancurd, watch out.

advertisement

Back