advertisement

Useful facts or tips that everyone should know

Fatmarley

"It appears my intelligence circuits have melted"
I was trying to sleep but I've got the worst cold I've had in ages.
This thread is inspired by a post I saw on Facebook.
Did you know, most good staplers have a set of spare staples hidden underneath? I didn't, so checked mine and was very surprised to find there was.

Also, most cars have a picture of a petrol pump with an arrow pointing to the direction of the filler cap in the dashboard. Mines in the centre of the speedometer.

Anyone else got any handy tips or facts?

Pull apart the corners of foil take away trays to make a plate. Same with those silly little paper sauce bowls in McDonalds. (this blew my mind when I found out)

b60a970c78adbe605aa783640122c3c3.jpg

Pull apart the corners of foil take away trays to make a plate. Same with those silly little paper sauce bowls in McDonalds. (this blew my mind when I found out)
Yep, they’re pressed from a flat sheet so can fold back out. I love a good Chinese but I’ve banned myself until I’m back below 14 stone. I’m never going to be much less than 14 stone because I’ve always been built like a rugby player until I got poorly... I’m just a fat git at the moment though.

Yep, they’re pressed from a flat sheet so can fold back out. I love a good Chinese but I’ve banned myself until I’m back below 14 stone. I’m never going to be much less than 14 stone because I’ve always been built like a rugby player until I got poorly... I’m just a fat git at the moment though.

I feel your pain. I've just found out to eat salt & pepper ribs properly and the doctor tells me I need to drop a few stone. Life can be cruel.

The boxes of aluminium foil have two little flaps at either end to stop the roll coming out when you pull it. Keep your fruit and veg preserved the easy way. :)

I’m a Maglite collector (sad I know) and even some of the early LED models had a spare krypton bulb in the base.

The problem with Maglite is the batteries are quite a tight fit. I had one of the original 2xAA models for years and when I noticed it no longer worked I realised the battery furthest up the tube had leaked/swollen and was absolutely impossible to get out. It was jammed in solid and I ended up having to chuck the torch. I’ve since swapped to Fenix which are much better IMHO.

PS As it is a ‘tips’ thread: take the batteries out of any Maglite you don’t plan using for a while.

When you want to pour a glass of juice from a tetrapak, make sure that the pouring tube is at the top rather than the bottom as this will allow air to get in while you pour and stop the epic mess that happens when the pouring spout is at the bottom (i.e, next to the glass).

The problem with Maglite is the batteries are quite a tight fit. I had one of the original 2xAA models for years and when I noticed it no longer worked I realised the battery furthest up the tube had leaked/swollen and was absolutely impossible to get out. It was jammed in solid and I ended up having to chuck the torch. I’ve since swapped to Fenix which are much better IMHO.

PS As it is a ‘tips’ thread: take the batteries out of any Maglite you don’t plan using for a while.

Good advice for anything battery operated.

To get ketchup out of a glass bottle, don’t bang the end, tap the raised ‘52’ logo on the neck - that’s why it’s there...

advertisement

Back