advertisement

USB headsets for max £80

andyoz

pfm Member
My trusty USB headset has been worn out from Zoom...

I need another one but I think there are at least 10,000 different types out there!!
I don't need one with fully enclosed ears as no noise whee I work - one of the lighter ones that look like...

Help!

sennheiser-sc160-usb.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Worked in two jobs handling telephone calls. The first one we wired headsets. In the second we were wireless. In each case we had single earpiece headsets

For long term use wireless is much better to work with.

I guess very much dependant on model of headset but most of the ones I've heard were noticeably worse than people using their built-in laptop mic - the plosives can be horrible when the mic is so close to the mouth.

That said, I guess it also depends on how noisy the environment is and how horrible the room acoustics are...

I've been using cheapo Apple earbuds for Teams and Zoom calls (normally a few a day) and had no problems.

if you have privacy and can get away with it, no headset is best. Speakerphone
We use these Jabras also, not cheap but excellent quality. It’s also great for placing in the middle of long tables, the software sort of amplifies the sound of those seated further away.

Headsets: also Jabra all the way (Jabra Evolve 65). Even better: JabraPro 9450 with basis, for static use but superior comfort. I use a mono one at my desk usually, and switch to a stereo one when I know the meeting will take hours.

For very noisy surroundings, I recommend Plantronics Voyager 5200, excellent noise cancellation. Great for coupling with DECT phones for people working in production.

When asked to supply this type of kit and also what we use in house - Jabra and Plantronics are the go to, worth the money over no name stuff.

Ok, Jabra was an unknown brand to me so I'll sort something from them.

With the Jabra 510, can that also be used as a Bluetooth speaker - I often listen to Podcasts and an uplift in voice quality over stock laptop speakers would be handy. I used to play them through Sonos Play 1 (not Bluetooth one) but just can't be arsed sodding around with it at times

Ok, Jabra was an unknown brand to me so I'll sort something from them.

With the Jabra 510, can that also be used as a Bluetooth speaker - I often listen to Podcasts and an uplift in voice quality over stock laptop speakers would be handy. I used to play them through Sonos Play 1 (not Bluetooth one) but just can't be arsed sodding around with it at times
Should do everything you need, buy from Amazon easy to return. If you don’t need wireless the 410 would do, few quid cheaper.

https://www.jabra.com/supportpages/...-Jabra-device-to-hear-music-from-the-computer

https://www.jabra.com/supportpages/...d-when-listening-to-music-and-watching-videos

advertisement

Back