advertisement

USB Headset with mic

RaphaelSamad

pfm Member
I know that this is a hifi forum but I wonder if anyone out there has experience of the following. I love higher end Sennheiser headphones and find them comfortable to wear for longer periods. However, for using at my desk in the office, I would ideally like a pair of USB Headphones (which are comfortable to wear) and which also have a microphone attached. I would use this to listen to spotify premium, itunes etc. etc. and also for skype, VC, messenger etc.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
I know that I could have a usb dac etc. but would still not have a mic.

Hi Raphael,

how are you guys?

unfortunately once you specify a headset you leave the realm of audio and enter the world of gaming...and I'm not aware of any sets that are truly capable of high quality audio. The best bets I know of are from Logitech and Plantronics - decent but even a budget pair of Sennheisers would leave them in the dust sonically.

But there's nothing to stop you using the phones you already have and just adding a desk top microphone - though you'd probably end up using the mini jacks instead of USB.

All the best,

Neil

Hi Neil
Good to hear from you, I hope that you are keeping well.
Thank you for your reply about a headset/mic. I suspected as much myself but just wondered if anyone had any experience of them at all. The internet has done many many great things but one of the downsides is that there is less around to 'try before you buy'.
Hope you are having a good Thanksgiving.
Cheers for now
Raphael

I use a webcam and ordinary headphones. most webcams have a microphone so you then get the best of both worlds...

Good point mudlark. Unfortunately, I am in a busy (and noisy) office which I quite like but it does mean that I sometimes need to be 'cut off' from the rest of them - both with headphones and mic - I also do a reasonable amount of VC work.

If you like sennheisers, then what about these:

PC_360_new.jpg

Not USB, but otherwise look good.

advertisement

Back