advertisement

USB cable makes a difference shock!

What claims? Its just marketing spiel, subjective statements and some weak snr improvement on one cable that isn't shown to affect the output signal, made by one company.

I think You're struggling with comprehension. But I'll clarify my position, there's no evidence to show that USB cables that are certified sound different. You can do all manner of crap with not certified wires, but then again, they arent USB cables, they're only USB-alike.

I never made any comment about wires used for spdif because it's a much looser interface standard and the mechanisms of jitter and noise introduction are agreed upon and not in question. Same goes for aes balanced.

I have no opinion on analogue wires beyond that you have to look at the devices at both ends of the wire to make any sense from it, wire on its own has no sound.

Sorry not struggling with anything... blanket claims are nothing but the same as those made by 'either team' ..So far all digital cables sound the same and according to Keith differences in analog cables are also just a myth created by marketing.

Keith's never said 'all digital cables sound the same'. I believe his position in that all well designed digital cables sound the same.

Sorry not struggling with anything... blanket claims are nothing but the same as those made by 'either team' ..So far all digital cables sound the same and according to Keith differences in analog cables are also just a myth created by marketing.
You can engineer analogue cables to possibly sound ‘different’ a crass tone control if you will but why would you, only to make your cable stand out in a comparison, only so the salesman can try and persuade that the slight roll-off is an improvement .
Keith

It is often said that expensive cables keep Hi-if dealers afloat.
Keith

And manufacturers, too. LFD, after raising their component prices exponentially vs. cost, is heavy into the the cable game. What started as a refreshing concept, both product and marketing, I now find cringe worthy with the push to pair up power, speaker and interconnect cables at exorbitant prices. I've seen a direct marketing rep go so far as to suggest this or that LFD cable paired with an older LFD product can bring it to the performance level of a new LFD product. That smells desperate to me.

In our case yes, we try and sell other speakers/systems but the Kiis/8Cs are just so much better than anything else, at any price.
I would never sell foo, I can’t really understand how dealers can.
Keith

Not so long ago (maybe 4-6 months) you sold a pair of speaker cables in the regions of £2000, i suppose if it facilitated a sale that's not foo is it...

And what would you call the Weiss MAN-301 c£10K as?
And how about the roon NUCs for £1500 and £2500?

The exact same as it does with anything someone puts a number to and decides it’s worth it.. regardless of meterial content.

Sorry but your argument is weaker than your pathetic attempt at an insult

There is little point in arguing with CK, all he posts is in pursuit of having a go at Keith.

Have a read of this thread, it’s all about one man's crusade as a self righteous phoo fighter. I'm trying to add some balance for the agnostics who see in colour.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back