advertisement

US Netflix

what is US Netflix?

I only know Netflix.

We watch a lot of films, so it is okay.
The picture quality is a lot better than Amazon prime.
We never have buffering/whatever issues with Netflix. We do with Amazon (nothing to do with our internet access as we have fibre here.)

If you watch a lot of films, then it does get limiting. We don’t watch TV series using Netflix, so cannot comment on that side of Netflix.

We still use DVD’s and Blu-Ray discs and have a reasonable collection. We watch a fair amount of independent films, the selection on Netflix is okay, but not spectacular.
Brother-in-law is a Professor of Independent Film, and he uses Netflix on occasion.

If you think in terms of how much it would cost historically to hire a video once a week, then Netflix is good value. The films they produce are not bad at all.

Hope that helps.

Be careful, you will need a dedicated IP address not a shared one and if you forget to switch the vpn on then you will have to wait for time equivalent to crossing the Atlantic before you use the American IP address again, they are buggers for trying to catch you out.

I only know Netflix.

We watch a lot of films, so it is okay.
The picture quality is a lot better than Amazon prime.
We never have buffering/whatever issues with Netflix. We do with Amazon (nothing to do with our internet access as we have fibre here.)
Not sure why this should be. We get an excellent picture from Amazon Prime, on either Apple TV, Amazon 4K Firestick, or through our 77" LG OLED TV's own app., no buffering. We're also FTTP here, but we don't have any problems with Amazon Prime in our second home in the Lake District, & that's copper line.

Not sure why this should be. We get an excellent picture from Amazon Prime, on either Apple TV, Amazon 4K Firestick, or through our 77" LG OLED TV's own app., no buffering. We're also FTTP here, but we don't have any problems with Amazon Prime in our second home in the Lake District, & that's copper line.
I happen to have an Apple TV, which I rarely use since my LG TV updated itself to include most of the functionality. But when I was watching the excellent Underground Railroad on Prime via my TV the picture quality was really poor, but switching to Prime via my Apple TV sorted that, so maybe there are differences between apps on different devices. Both TV and Apple TV are wired to my router which has a 1G fibre.

There's certainly some variability in how the various devices handle video Andy. Sometimes, when switching programmes, the Apple TV device's picture will be very low def., highly-pixellated for a few seconds. Now the Firestick has the Apple TV app., we tend to use this as our main device for watching streamed content.

It isn’t a constant issue.

The Wife got the amazon prime thingy and I keep asking her to contact them about it. Had it for years, but she hasn’t got around to it yet.

There's certainly some variability in how the various devices handle video Andy. Sometimes, when switching programmes, the Apple TV device's picture will be very low def., highly-pixellated for a few seconds. Now the Firestick has the Apple TV app., we tend to use this as our main device for watching streamed content.
I like the new Apple TV remote! I am just a sad Apple fanboy, though I have to say having recently bought a Sonos Roam that Alexa could teach Siri a thing or two.

I like the new Apple TV remote! I am just a sad Apple fanboy, though I have to say having recently bought a Sonos Roam that Alexa could teach Siri a thing or two.

Well a sh***y stick was better than the old one, about time they figured that out.

I've got the ATV remote programmed into my Logitech Harmony Ultra, so I never use the original.

advertisement

Back