advertisement

US Guided Missile cruiser hit by drone!

Blurboy

pfm Member
The Guided Missile Cruiser USS Chancelloersville was apparently hit by a malfunctioning drone during combat weapons testing - er does that mean in reality the cruiser failed to take it down!!! I find this so so funny that a drone that they were targeting to take down, testing the ships systems, actually got through and caused 2 minor casualties. Maybe the rest of the crew were too busy eating burgers or sunbathing lol. Muppets.

The Guided Missile Cruiser USS Chancelloersville was apparently hit by a malfunctioning drone during combat weapons testing - er does that mean in reality the cruiser failed to take it down!!! I find this so so funny that a drone that they were targeting to take down, testing the ships systems, actually got through and caused 2 minor casualties. Maybe the rest of the crew were too busy eating burgers or sunbathing lol. Muppets.

Friendly fire?

Hmm

I heard expensive US (Raytheon) missles wont hit US Mil targets. hence the concern of diverse nations to get some Russian Indian Chinese missiles as well

It Could be BS but the word malfunctioning covers a lot of options

Stuxnet Karma

Friendly fire?
Hehe :D

Not sure why someone would find two people being injured or friendly fire so funny. If you had a chuckle at two injuries were you rolling about on the floor in fits of laughter at the soldiers killed by friendly fire in Iraq or Stan???

Muppet.

The whole idea of testing is to see how radar systems react in simulated faults, what's to say they weren't testing what would happen if the radar system had a major fault or was severely damaged during an attack.

Sorry, I don't get this. WTF would anyone be stupid enough to allow a drone with "live" ammo attack a target that has real soldiers on it?

Surely you use it to attack a derelict ship?

Sorry, I don't get this. WTF would anyone be stupid enough to allow a drone with "live" ammo attack a target that has real soldiers on it?

Surely you use it to attack a derelict ship?

Duh..read the story perhaps.

The drone was not carrying weapons. It was not attacking the ship. It was flying near the ship so the ship's tracking radars could be tested; the drone malfunctioned and crashed into the ship. Nothing much to get excited about..just a pity that 2 sailors were injured.

Oh ok, have now read the story. Yep, complete non event. Piece of technology malfunctioned.
Should I call the Daily Smear with a headline of:
"shock horror, error whilst connecting to network in south London home".

Maybe the story would be:
"Disturbed IT work xxx was today shocked, horrified and deeply concerned when trying to connect to his favourite website. A temporary network error prevented immediate connection of Mr_Suk to the website "cos play girls go crazy ape bonkers with dodgy kids toys.
Mr_Suk is a regular follower of the website and protested that not being able to access could result in signifcant mental distress, and possible time away from his normal £3,000k per annum job.
A close neighbour to Mr_Suk commented how he'd heard nothing, never used the site and was making a cup of tea at the time of the incident. The neighbour opposite commented of having heard noises across the road, but that might have been the bin-men taking away the rubbish. The Daily Smear contacted Mr_Suks network provider bringing to bear his concerns about possible litigation. The SHAMEFUL network provider declined to comment and reminded our dedicated reporter that he'd actually called the Toilet Repair Services".

USS Chancellorsville: New Details Tell a Different Story
Why did the Navy conceal from the public that the point defense system of the most advanced AEGIS ship in the US Navy failed to protect the ship from a direct hit from a rogue drone?
http://www.informationdissemination.net/2013/11/uss-chancellorsville-new-details-tell.html Looks like the CIWS got a few shots in but not enough to count. I would expect all aspects of this incident will be examined and results passed along to the fleet if appropriate. May well be worth waiting for the incident report to be published before jumping to conclusions.

Not sure why someone would find two people being injured or friendly fire so funny. If you had a chuckle at two injuries were you rolling about on the floor in fits of laughter at the soldiers killed by friendly fire in Iraq or Stan???

Muppet.

The whole idea of testing is to see how radar systems react in simulated faults, what's to say they weren't testing what would happen if the radar system had a major fault or was severely damaged during an attack.

I don't find it funny in the slightest. My comment was aimed squarely at the fact that the US have caused significant losses amongst British and other forces due to their over reliance on technology because they refuse to put their troops in harms way under any circumstances to the slightest degree if they can avoid it, even in order to make sure they are targetting the actual enemy. I'm not saying they deserved it, but I feel no remorse when their technology comes back to bite them.

advertisement

Back