advertisement

Upcoming concerts...

Now waiting to see what happens with Goldfrapp.
Those tickets were an absolute mare to obtain - being on the morning that there was a major internet outage across the UK - 47 minutes to pay for the darned things, and somehow managed to lose / get them back a total of 5 times in the process.

A welcome revival of this thread for me.

First up, an online show from the wonderful Erland Cooper this Saturday.
Then, next Saturday, a bit of a punt on a local electronica AV show by Void Null.

First gigs since Jah Wobble about ten days before lock down.

Just grabbed tickets for Hidden Orchestra at the QEH, Sunday, 20th November - reckon it'll be a good 'un.

A busy month
Goodbye Mr Mackenzie on Friday at the Garage.
Morton Valence at the Moth Club on the 15th
Cult Figures / Oldfield Youth Club/ Altermoderns @ the Hope& Anchor 22/10
Heist / Poor Performer @ the Hope & Anchor 29/10

On the assumption I'm testing negative by then, off to see Blancmange in Guildford on Friday.
Then, the following Thursday, it's Michael Rother celebrating 50 years of Neu! at The Clapham Grand, with Alexis taylor supporting, Stephen Morris DJing, and Paul Weller special guesting (and, big sigh of relief, the train strike's been posponed from the 3rd to the 9th - really wasn't fancying the drive up).

On the assumption I'm testing negative by then, off to see Blancmange in Guildford on Friday.
Then, the following Thursday, it's Michael Rother celebrating 50 years of Neu! at The Clapham Grand, with Alexis taylor supporting, Stephen Morris DJing, and Paul Weller special guesting (and, big sigh of relief, the train strike's been posponed from the 3rd to the 9th - really wasn't fancying the drive up).
Saw Kikagaku Moyo at Clapham grand recently, lovely venue, my first time there.

Going to see Stone Foundation at Koko (Camden) on Friday night.

Pulp at Finsbury Park, July 2023, I’m not a fan of outdoor gigs, but it’s the only way I’ll see them and it’s Bucket list for Mrs BB.

Cheers BB

Widowspeak next thurs, Ghum next sat, and tempted by Part Chimp next Friday as well. Not sure my ears could take 3 in 3 though. Nadia Reid all the way off in March

Just picked up 4 tickets for Peter Gabriel in Birmingham next June.

'They' certainly hold on to your money for a long time ahead of concerts these days, don't they?

Still got tickets for Elton John delayed fromm a couple of years ago - 'they' must have made some interest money from those purchases a long time ago!

Braxton/Threadgill monster double bill at the Barbican on Sunday. Planning to get there early to see the free gigs in the foyer beforehand.

Would have been followed by Belle & Sebastian on Monday but they've postponed. Again!

Jane Weaver at the RFH on the 26th - now with added train strike, which is a bit of a ballache.

advertisement

Back