advertisement

Upcoming concerts...

A few to look forward to:
Rammstein: Stadion Feijenoord 25th June
Tash Sultana: Ziggo Dome Amsterdam 6th July
Sisters of Mercy: TivoliVredenburg Utrecht 20th October

Being a big JD/NO fan, I may well venture out tomorrow (jun 15) to El Corazon here in Seattle to see Smiths, Joy Division, New Order and Erasure tribute bands. I've never actually been to a tribute band show, and always smile at the great HMHB line about 'going to see the Bootleg Beatles, I'm going as the Bootleg Mark Chapman'....

Just nabbed tickets for BUNKR, Echaskech, and Jonathon Krisp at a VLSI Records night in Brighton, 6th September.
Highly recommended for electronica fans - and it's free entry (but you have to register for tickets).

The Membranes at the Sugarmill in Stoke on Friday, will try to go but heads up for anyone in the potteries

Just got tickets for Kamasi Washington in Auckland. SO chuffed he's coming here. Ahem, it's only two-hour flight away for us; you're spoilt for choice in the UK!

Beak in Leeds on 7th December, they are playing the Saturday and Sunday with other bands planned , would love to do both days but probably pushing it.

Not so much a concert but he's former (may still be) musician - I'm taking my folks to see Professor Brian Cox's Universal Adventures in Space & Time in September and cannot wait :)

Rosalie Cunningham on mark Riley radio 6 last night sounded very good ,had a look at dates and was playing Stoke on trent tonight but checked and cancelled, hopefully will be re scheduled.

i would have been pushed to go to Rosalie Cunningham anyway as got stereolab in Manchester tomorrow ( only got tickets for them as rescheduled)

This weekend I'll be at the small, but perfectly formed Together festival, surrounded by a bunch of mates. I was there on Sunday helping put the marquee up, and the site is lovely.

Not a gig, but we've just booked tickets to see Dave Ball being interviewed at the Henley Literary Festival, ahead of his autobiography coming out. Should be pretty entertaining.

Finally got around to sorting tickets for Erland Cooper at the Unitarian Church in Brighton in November (and just in time- only Resident had tickets left). Really looking forward to it, as I love the last two albums.

advertisement

Back