advertisement

Upcoming concerts...

Have booked a ticket to see country singer-songwriter Kelly Willis next month. Her album 'What I Deserve' was always a favourite of mine - nearly twenty years old, good grief!

Roger Waters et al next Friday in Hyde Park

Sorely tempted by Keyon Harrold in Bath next Thursday too

Just booked a box at the New York Met for Verdi’s Falstaff in March.

Another bucket list crossed off.

Saw Waters last night in Dublin....I thought the first half was just good. Excellent sound but a little music by numbers (this is my third or fourth time seeing him). However he pulled no punches in the second half and delivered a vitriolic set.....superb gig!

Whilst up in London yesterday for museum trips, lovely scran at Dishoom, drinks at Spiritland, and a brilliant gig by Confidence Man; we picked up tickets for The KPM Allstars at The British Library, complete with a pre gig showing of the library music documentary.

To say that 'im indoors is excited would be an understatement.

A few gigs over the next few weeks up here in Edinburgh...

Michael Rother + Fire Engines + Lydia Lunch
The Vaselines + The Pastels + Linton Kwesi Johnson
Mogwai

The Fire Engines' last gig apparently!

I've got a couple in the pipeline .

Beth Rowley at Manchester "Soup Kitchen" and Ryley Walker at "Band on the Wall" .

Looking forward to Nick Mason - saucerful of secrets show in the Armadillo Glasgow in Oct

Last gig was seeing PIL play the ABC a few nights before the devastating fire in the Art School which spread to the ABC collapsing the roof

Barry Adamson - plays the Union Chapel on October 30th ( and Manchester the night before)
http://barryadamson.com/new-uk-shows-oct18/

Saw him at the Moth Club in April last year, one of the most entertaining gigs I 'd been to in years

tumblr_op6am5rVnw1vhya2ro4_1280.jpg

Just booked to see Shame at Manchester Ritz and Lovely Eggs at Gorilla.
Also going to see Idles at Fopp in Manchester for an album release gig and signing.

Just booked to see Shame at Manchester Ritz and Lovely Eggs at Gorilla.
Also going to see Idles at Fopp in Manchester for an album release gig and signing.
Is Gorilla a decent venue ?, there’s a couple of gigs there next month I’ve got my eye on.

I went with a few peeps from various forums to see John Grant at Birmingham Symphony Hall last Thursday. If you get a chance to see him, you won't regret it. Absolutely awesome vocal performance. His band included Budgie (ex Banshee) on drums; I've not seen him since the early 80s!

Is Gorilla a decent venue ?, there’s a couple of gigs there next month I’ve got my eye on.

Hi,
It will be my first time at Gorilla so I can't say what it's like. Although I have a mate who goes to loads of gigs and has been there many times and loves it.

Off to see Dave Stewart & Barbara Gaskin at Bush Hall, Shepherds Bush, tonight. Their first UK gig for over 30 years...

advertisement

Back