advertisement

Upcoming concerts...

Not long got back from seeing Ray LaMontagne delivering a truly stunning acoustic set at Sheffield City Hall. If you ever get the opportunity, just go and see him, even if you’ve not heard much of his music. An incredible musician with a voice to die for, hope he doesn’t leave it another 7 years before he tours again..l

Not long got back from seeing Ray LaMontagne delivering a truly stunning acoustic set at Sheffield City Hall. If you ever get the opportunity, just go and see him, even if you’ve not heard much of his music. An incredible musician with a voice to die for, hope he doesn’t leave it another 7 years before he tours again..l

thanks Ginger, going to Hammersmith tomorrow, got all his albums, missed his last tour, he's the last person on a long list of people I wanted to see live, so no pressure.

Cheers BB

Going to "An intimate acoustic evening of songs and stories with Nils Lofgren" tonight, should be interesting.

thanks Ginger, going to Hammersmith tomorrow, got all his albums, missed his last tour, he's the last person on a long list of people I wanted to see live, so no pressure.

Cheers BB

Hey BB, what did you think to the gig, hopefully he lived up to your expectations. I see he played on Jools Holland as well this week

Hey BB, what did you think to the gig, hopefully he lived up to your expectations. I see he played on Jools Holland as well this week

I posted in ‘Gigs you’ve recently been to’. It was the best gig I’ve been to in a long time. His voice is fantastic and I thought both his guitar and harmonica play were excellent. I expected him to be good but he was even better.

Cheers BB

Josh T Pearson last night at Gorilla in Manchester ( in session with Mark Riley R6 music tonight) fantastic show with his band . Got there early for the support Erika Wennerstrom who was amazing.

Not quite a concert, not quite drama, more an immersive experience - LIPA's "Red and Black" is sold out today (friday) but still has tickets for tomorrow.
If you like Ken Loach to Cirque de Soleil, then this is for you.
I went yesterday and it was pure undiluted brilliant.

Just back from The BBC Biggest Weekend Friday at Belfast. Arrived for Beck who was dull as ditch water....sound was ropey too so I wasn't expecting much from Orbital. They proved me wrong and pulled off a blinder of a set for an open air gig......excellent.

I was in Belfast yesterday too. I thought Beck was very entertaining, at least the last 20 mins or so. Before that I was at David Holmes where he really brought the funk, he still has it.

Orbital were good, but they had a few technical issues which put them off, Satan had a few hiccups but they got through it.

Underworld Cowgirl looked and sounded very special on TV tonight, would have loved to have been there, i'd say that took the roof off.

advertisement

Back