Have Fun

pfm Member
Unwanted Unsolicited Spam Calls

I've been plagued all this week by calls from

01332895906 (Derby code)

purports to be hearing aid clinic

I've asked to be removed from their data base but this was ignored

Any advice?

Can I get a court injunction? and How much would this cost?

Thanks

Not sure about injunctions - I seem to receive a number at work usually around 1 pm and usually from the solar panel & PPI claims brigade, anyhow I have a little chat with them and then find some excuse to put the phone down, i.e. 'I'll just grab a pen, hold on..." after about 5 minutes they seem to get the message and dial off. It does tend to break the tedium of the working day I find!

Tell them you need to put them on hold, put the phone next to a radio or music system playing... anything, and leave it there.

Come back every five minutes. If the phone isn't squawking with the 'hung up' tone, leave them for another five.

Just cut the call and try and add it to a blocked list. Ive never found its worth my time playing games with them.

This type of firm will call again as they pass the list round to different people. Google the number and there are complaints sites to reference the annoying numbers

All anonymous numbers should automatically be on a blocked list.

If you are with TPS try reporting it and see if they are any good. Only a fine seem to wake these companies up.

I use a landline & there is no blocking service with BT - perhaps there is & you have to pay for it but why should I

Tell them they have inaccurate info about you on their computer and threaten to report them to the Data Commissioner.

I did have a spate of them but seeing this thread reminded me they have stopped. I argued with one lot saying please cease and remove me. They rambled about the fact I used their find more info option meant I was interested. Explained I used that to speak and say you have my details wrong, I am fed up with your calls and with the way you are handling this call do you honesty expect me to ever buy anything from you. Unless you enjoy arguing remove me from your database and don't pass my details on to anyone else. No threats just treat them as rational people who will recognise a number that is futile to call.

Probably get one tomorrow now

A bit like dealing with folks who hear amazing things from cables they have tried

Are the complaints sites all genuine ? - you have to provide personal info as well as your tel no.

Oh I wouldnt provide any info. They are sometimes just a handy reference point to see if the caller has been bothering other people. I wasnt really recommending going all the way and giving your details.

The only way to avoid these calls is buy a phone blocking system. You could argue its money very well spent. Some systems anly allow friends on an approved list. The resulting peace of mind would be well worth it. What is the price peace of mind and the dignity of knowing its a wanted caller?

At the very least they make an unknown caller announce who they are on a recorded message. I suspect most cold callers would just hang up. This takes away that very awkward moment when picking up. They feel suitably awkward and you can then push the reject button.

My personal view of the TPS is that they are next to useless.

Have Fun - I have a spare CPR Call Blocker you can have. It is an older version (1.03) so it has a lower capacity to the current models, but it took me a good 3 years to fill it up. I have reset it so it is empty of my blocked numbers, so it should be good to go for a couple of years.

Yours for a small donation to the PFM fighting fund.

Our survival as a nation currently depends on people trading and selling , irrelevant phone calls are but one of the drawbacks , get an answer machine .

Injunctions are possible . They will cost on average £500- £1000 at least . I doubt very much if the threshold of harassment as been reached for a court to grant such an order but that is ultimately at the discretion of the judge .

Our survival as a nation currently depends on people trading and selling , irrelevant phone calls are but one of the drawbacks , get an answer machine .

Injunctions are possible . They will cost on average £500- £1000 at least . I doubt very much if the threshold of harassment as been reached for a court to grant such an order but that is ultimately at the discretion of the judge .

How would you enforce it when the caller is in India?

advertisement

Back