advertisement

Unwanted silence from Naim - help needed!

Good to hear about the power amp. It's not the tape monitor, nor mute (the only button lit on the pre amp is the cd). The only thing I now can think of is the missing blanking plug. I'll try to get a hold of one as soon as possible (it's a 5-pin, but thanks anyway Gaius!)

It can be frustrating. I would turn off, turn on and try again.

Is your CD player a Naim player? If not, I presume you are using an RCA-DIN interconnect?

The Aux 2 blanking plug does NOT have any pins and you do NOT need it for the unit to operate (as someone said before, it's only a reminder to keep you from connecting both Aux 2 inputs at the same time).

ive used bananas before too and had no problems. Are the fuses in the back of the power amp and power supply ok? sometimes if they are turned on by the switch then plugged in they can blow. there is always a spare fuse in the back of them though.

Here's a thought - a non-Naim CD player would need an RCA/DIN cable. While these are normally wired for input, is it possible you've got one wired for output? (The five pins are one common ground, two input channels and two output channels - only 3 are connected for 2RCA/DIN cables).

Can you try a different cable?

Hang on, when you listened to the set up at the previous owners was he using a flatcap2 to power the 112x ? if so there might be a fault with the power supply in the 150x supplying the 112. (not sure if thats the right way round, do 150x's power their pre amps?)

Ryder: I've turned it on/off few times, without any change. I have a Naim cd5i-2 and am currently using din-din.

Thomas K: It looks like it would have pins, since the input from a flatcap has pins. But i'm not sure, and don't know what difference it could make....

Well, maybe it´s sipmly broken in some way, that is not very obvious. Would be a real drag though=(...

Here's a thought - a non-Naim CD player would need an RCA/DIN cable. While these are normally wired for input, is it possible you've got one wired for output? (The five pins are one common ground, two input channels and two output channels - only 3 are connected for 2RCA/DIN cables).

Can you try a different cable?

Good call...well worth a try

Hang on, when you listened to the set up at the previous owners was he using a flatcap2 to power the 112x ? if so there might be a fault with the power supply in the 150x supplying the 112. (not sure if thats the right way round, do 150x's power their pre amps?)

Yes the 150X can power the 112X direct, if a blanking plug is used in the 112X.

Linnaudio: Yes, the guy had a flatcap2 connected, but the 112X powers up like it should when connected to the 150X, so I guess thats ok...?

Dare I turn the din-din interconnect from the cd around the other/wrong (most likely)? Would it matter?

Dare I turn the din-din interconnect from the cd around the other/wrong (most likely)? Would it matter?

i wouldnt of thought so, just for reference the green band on the cable should be towards the source. If all else fails you can ring naim on monday morning. Their service dept is very helpfull. It cant hurt though to do that factory reset someone mentioned

Well, the seller seemes to be quite a nice guy. But I'll give him a call tomorrow for some advise.

Good call Jack. It´s pretty dark here (sweden) by now, but I'll try to post some pics tomorrow!

advertisement

Back