advertisement

Unofficial Kamala Harris thread

avole

The wise never post on Internet forums
I'm guessing she'll have a chance if not in this administration then maybe the next.

Thoughts, please - her speech at the inauguration seemed a bit flat after that when she was elected and knew that her party had won, although, to be fair, I heard it after the poem.

lame duck - electing (rich) black faces to offices of power has done next to nothing for racial equality in the US.

It seems it’s like trying to alter the course of a supertanker. Not something done quickly, obviously. Perhaps some community policing training would help.

I got stopped by armed police in Philadelphia walking home from my local about 50 yards from where I lived. About 10 vans etc, the complete works - I've never been so scared. They were after a man with a brown jacket and a baseball cap who was reported to have committed a sexual assault apparently. I was wearing a blue harrington style jacket and a knitted hat but they were going to set me up regardless until I flashed my University of Pennsylvaia (Ivy League) staff card. That's their community policing!

I wonder if the oil industry funded her campaign in the same way they did Biden's. Biden/Harris were the big business ticket...

I wonder if the oil industry funded her campaign in the same way they did Biden's. Biden/Harris were the big business ticket...

In which case they’ll be pissed off that he’s cancelled the pipeline in Alaska and suspended drilling applications on all federal land?

In which case they’ll be pissed off that he’s cancelled the pipeline in Alaska and suspended drilling applications on all federal land?

That's the false promise here - about 90% of drilling/fracking is on private land, as Biden knows all too well.

My mother-in-law hired her out of law school, so i have high hopes for her.

My mother-in-law hired her out of law school, so i have high hopes for her.
University of California, Hastings College of the Law is a damn good school...and not the usual Harvard or Yale route that so many aspiring politicians (and assorted corporate bootlickers) feel compelled to take.

University of California, Hastings College of the Law is a damn good school...and not the usual Harvard or Yale route that so many aspiring politicians (and assorted corporate bootlickers) feel compelled to take.

Definitely. I have a friend who is a graduate of and teaches courses at Hastings. He’s a public defender in Alameda county.

Even if true....how is this worse than 4 more years of Trump and the turd reich?

advertisement

Back