advertisement

Unknown Pleasures at 40

I have all the original cassettes including Still in the purple textured presentation box, but didn't have a record player in those days.

I may have mentioned it on here before (;)) but my first edition vinyl Unknown Pleasures, Closer and Atmosphere 12" all in NM/VG+ condition came from a single visit to a charity shop about 10 years ago for combined £3 or something around that mark. UP and Atmosphere are the red translucent versions. Closer opaque black.

Having finished my customary Christmas Day 'Unknown Pleasures' session, I can't help wondering if I should have bought the 40th. Has anyone compared it to an original pressing yet?

I'm 3000 miles away from my record collection at the moment, but on Qobuz the 2007 remix sounds really good to me.

I got a few LPs a while back from the husband of a work colleague who was decluttering.

I’ve just listened to inside of Unknown Pleasures. I really know nowt about vinyl but this one has FACT 10 A2 (the two being small) gg (perhaps followed by a 2) and TOWN HOUSE on outside and similar with B on inside.

No hint of red and if is is textured the texturing is minimal. Can it be dated by this info?

Cheers,

.sjb

I got a few LPs a while back from the husband of a work colleague who was decluttering.

I’ve just listened to inside of Unknown Pleasures. I really know nowt about vinyl but this one has FACT 10 A2 (the two being small) gg (perhaps followed by a 2) and TOWN HOUSE on outside and similar with B on inside.

No hint of red and if is is textured the texturing is minimal. Can it be dated by this info?

Cheers,

.sjb

This one?

https://www.discogs.com/release/5861937-Joy-Division-Unknown-Pleasures

Have a look at Discogs, sounds like a later UK Factory pressing to me, mid-80s or later, but you’ll need to check details. I assume it has a printed inner with square corners, no barcode on the cover or anything. There were certainly some later Factory pressings without the textured sleeve.

advertisement

Back