advertisement

"Under the bridge" amazing sound system

tommyt

pfm Member
Went to see Grandmaster Flash at "Under the Bridge" (more of a live music venue normally) in Fulham last week. Old school hip hop might not be everyone's cup of tea but it was excellent and the sound system they have there is unbelievable. It was phenomenally loud but without any discernible distortion and no ear ringing afterwards. I've never felt bass that strong before that was also so textured and rhythmic. All apparently due to Abramovich spending £20M on the venue.

http://underthebridge.co.uk/whats-on/

We saw Michael Brother there a while back, and all commented it was one of the best sound systems we'd ever heard in a venue.

Yes, I can also testify the sound system is very good. I was there on Friday evening as part of the Morgan James European tour. The venue also has a nice atmosphere.

Will try and go sometime..thanks.
Seems a bit small and to keenly priced to attract the larger acts, which will be a shame. Looks smaller than the Roundhouse, which has a better than most sound system (boomy bass though).

thanks for the heads up, just bought tickets for Culture, old school reggae

I bought a second copy of Two Sevens Clash on a Jamaican pressing, looks so poor I would never allow it near my stylus but the record is so good I had to buy it as 'hipster' pin it on the wall artifact.
Enjoy.

Will try and go sometime..thanks.
Seems a bit small and to keenly priced to attract the larger acts, which will be a shame. Looks smaller than the Roundhouse, which has a better than most sound system (boomy bass though).

I went to see "Cigarette After Sex" there last week. Left after about 30 minutes - I moved around the venue to a few different listening point but the bass was just a massive mess, overwhelming the delicate lead guitar work and the vocals. Awful. I did see Zero 7 there a few years back and their engineers didn't seem to have this problem.

Looks very thought out:

http://underthebridge.co.uk/downloads/tech-spec.pdf

QSC amps and graphic equaliser on the front of house. Funny the conflict that hifi nerds would have if you used that.

Its all relative. A very good venue sound system is a rarity, with or without equaliser. I think a venue sound system is more about impact and atmosphere than it is to absolute fidelity. Plus, the visuals of the band / show and the atmosphere generated by the shared experience means fidelity is less of an issue, the atmosphere and vibe is the important thing. If there is a system than can do both, all well and good.

advertisement

Back