advertisement

Ukraine V

It is problematic to build new and renew, but there are still plenty equipment in central and far east Russia and they moving it in. Putin is determined and I cannot see how he can step back, especially after annexations. I think he rather will leave unprotected all other parts of Russia than admit defeat in Ukraine. Who is gone attack Russia anyway?
If Putin decide to declare war, he will also have at his disposal current conscripts which is trained, equipped and ready to use units. In our parts there is no optimism that war will end without at least one more try from Putin.
A pity someone doesn't open a second - Vladivostok? - front.

Yes, it is. Ukraine has to keep forces at Belarus border and Russia has not much worries about their. Except people escaping. Also Chinese people slowly taking over far east already, without any fight. If Russia keeps doing their referendums, they may get tempted.

sadly ukraine has gone from one slavery to another. i assume no freedom nowadays anymore for anyone smaller than the biggest.

but anyway, they gonna seize some land back. i'm curious to see what they gonna do with it once the war is over.

Compulsory military service in Russia has been problematic long before the current draft. It’s evaded by many for good reason- there are significant numbers of deaths annually due to negligence, suicide and manslaughter at boot camps that became a public scandal in Russia. It appears to be a military hierarchy run on corruption, theft and fear.

There are twice yearly sweeps of cities by soldiers who prowl housing, underground stations and public places looking for men under 27 on their lists. You escape it if you are at university, so there’s a booming industry in masters degrees. Parents will pay corrupt doctors to certify their boy unfit and will even pay for a diagnosis of mental illness with admission to hospital to avoid it. Larger bribes are required to buy off the recruiting officers directly.

You can see it’s become turbocharged with the announcement of the mobilisation- I thought the news of flights out and border crossings being grid locked was being exaggerated by western media at first but it’s very real. They probably fear their own army as much as the Ukrainians.

-it’s covered in Pomerantsev’s book written before the current crisis,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1610394550/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Putin's position gets more ludicrous by the day.
He invades a sovereign nation, kills, deports, starves its citizens.
Next he organises fake referenda to 'prove' that the citizens he has spent 7 months killing and subjugating 'choose' to remain under his control.
And now, as the Ukrainian Army continues to run rings around Putin's conscript rabble, he reverts to shelling the innocent citizens who he claims want his protection.
It is time for the UN to step up and expel Russia from the Security Council if not completely from the UN.

Putin's position gets more ludicrous by the day.
He invades a sovereign nation, kills, deports, starves its citizens.
Next he organises fake referenda to 'prove' that the citizens he has spent 7 months killing and subjugating 'choose' to remain under his control.
And now, as the Ukrainian Army continues to run rings around Putin's conscript rabble, he reverts to shelling the innocent citizens who he claims want his protection.
It is time for the UN to step up and expel Russia from the Security Council if not completely from the UN.
Yes, and he is only going to get more brazen, barbaric and out of control as time goes on.
It is disgusting that Russia can be allowed to remain on the Security Council with a veto on anything which tries to combat its atrocities, how stupid is that. There really ought to be some mechanism to deal with what is widely regarded to be a rogue leader/nation.

Yes, and he is only going to get more brazen, barbaric and out of control as time goes on.
It is disgusting that Russia can be allowed to remain on the Security Council with a veto on anything which tries to combat its atrocities, how stupid is that. There really ought to be some mechanism to deal with what is widely regarded to be a rogue leader/nation.

And of course it was the Soviet Union which joined the UN as a permanent member of the Security Council.
Since the Soviet Union no longer exists, the right of Russia to maintain its veto should be declared null and void.

Kim whatever version must be looking at this and thinking if Putin gets his way with the nuclear card I’m taking over South Korea tomorrow. The use of limited nucleur is as much a no no as unlimited.

Kim whatever version must be looking at this and thinking if Putin gets his way with the nuclear card I’m taking over South Korea tomorrow. The use of limited nucleur is as much a no no as unlimited.

Exactly this. Getting away with using one nuke sets a precedent that others will want to follow; North Korea, China, (Israel)? 'The West' simply can't afford to allow Putin to legitimise their use.

John

Nobody said ‘ hey, watch my paintwork’;)

tbf, I think people probably had something else on their minds. . .

Of the many thousands of men, women and children fleeing their own country, it wouldn't surprise me if many of them are actually congnisant of the reality in Ukraine, despite the Kremlins attempt to suppress the truth.

John

Swedish Govt investigation of Nord Stream pipeline explosions,

https://www.sakerhetspolisen.se/ovr...spicions-of-gross-sabotage-in-baltic-sea.html

The Swedish Security Service’s crime scene investigation of the Nord Stream 1 and 2 gas pipelines has now been completed. The investigation has strengthened the suspicions of gross sabotage.

The Security Service carried out the crime scene investigation, beginning this past weekend, with excellent support and cooperation from the Swedish Coast Guard, Armed Forces and Police Authority.

The crime scene investigation has shown that there have been detonations near Nord Stream 1 and 2, within the Swedish economic zone, resulting in extensive damage to the gas pipelines.

Pretty sure several countries are trying to get nuclear weapons now...

There is. But IIRC it requires 2/3rds of all the UN member states to vote that a nation be removed from the Security Council. Alas, too many countries are client states or 'friends' of Russia. Or simply think they gain some advantage from letting the 'big boys' knock chunks off one another. e.g. it suits China on a political level to see Russia *and* 'The West' get weaker and arguing about other matters than the behaviour of China.

advertisement

Back