advertisement

Ukraine V

Funny how "mobilisation" sounds so 1914. Back then all they needed was a rifle and a bayonet each. Today there is all the high tech weaponry and it seems Russia is not that well stocked.

Funny how "mobilisation" sounds so 1914. Back then all they needed was a rifle and a bayonet each. Today there is all the high tech weaponry and it seems Russia is not that well stocked.
WW1 mobilization in Russia led directly to large numbers of armed peasants and workers... and a revolution.

Russia already has shocking demographics so now Putin is going to put anyone with lively sperm into the meat grinder?

Apparently oil and gas wells become irretrievably dead if not in constant use.

I’m beginning to think Putin is an American sleeper agent

Reactions: PsB
Twitter footage apparently showing a young female protester shot dead, her body being carried away by security services. At least 800 arrested so far. Too many Russians don't want anything to do with Putin's aggression, and too many paying the price for speaking up. Truly sickening.

And worrying, as it looks like we are all in a highly volatile situation right now, Putin becoming evermore desperate.

John

WW1 mobilization in Russia led directly to large numbers of armed peasants and workers... and a revolution.
Quite. And there must be a significantly increased risk of wholesale desertion and mutiny inherent in Putin's so called partial mobilisation plans. Giving guns to people who don't like you and don't want to fight is a risky business. I guess it's the primary reasons for the new harsher legislation that's just been announced.

Quite. And there must be a significantly increased risk of wholesale desertion and mutiny inherent in Putin's so called partial mobilisation plans. Giving guns to people who don't like you and don't want to fight is a risky business. I guess it's the primary reasons for the new harsher legislation that's just been announced.
That's probably one of the key changes now. Several reports over the last months of individuals and even small units refusing to be deployed to Ukraine which they could previously do as far as I am aware. Not any more though..

That's probably one of the key changes now. Several reports over the last months of individuals and even small units refusing to be deployed to Ukraine which they could previously do as far as I am aware. Not any more though..
Even more reason for troops in the field to desert and go over to the other side?

How can you fall down "several flights of stairs"? You'd stop on the first landing.
I was wondering the same thing. Must be the design where there is an open bit in the middle, and a helping hand gets you over the railing.

Unfortunately, Belarus shows that it's perfectly possible to handle even massive protests if the security forces remain loyal. Ousting Putin will likely need to come from within.

Ousting Putin will likely need to come from within.

If only it were just Putin, there is a long list of like minded 'people' waiting to succeed him, some of whom maybe worse...

It requires a full blooded return to the ' we are all equal comrades' communism, to repel these we are all now fascist lunatics.

advertisement

Back