advertisement

Ukraine V

China Daily is an English-language daily newspaper owned by the Central Propaganda Department of the Chinese Communist Party.Wikipedia

Yes, I know. Hence why I used it and attributed it to 'Beijing'. China Daily gives us the Chinese government's view in English.

Still no mention of the ICC on Chinese media. Including on Xinhua. Probably banned so as not to embarrass Xi.

Our @DimitryZ probably has an excuse but worth a mention due to similarities with Banderites:

https://twitter.com/rBalticStates/status/1636278776098168833

"Today, we Latvians, remember our soldiers in WW2 who fought in nazi uniforms. Although they were part of the Waffen SS, they were not nazis and rather fought for their families and land"
I am sorry, but Serbians probably shouldn't be out front with "you fought with the Nazis" accusation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_Volunteer_Corps_(World_War_II)

But you sure keep on trying to smear everyone who wanted to escape to "Russian World." Your pissistance is remarkable.

Yes, I was a little puzzled by why the pilots, whose aircraft had no contact with the US drone (according to the Kremlin), were deserving of these commendations.
Well, they did bravely piss on the enemy drone. It took courage, dexterity and lots and lots of pee...

Last edited:
The ICC issuing arrest warrants for Putin and his woman minister in charge of the Ukrainian children being "adopted" into Russia add a material change to the situation in my view.

So far it has been possible for Russian propaganda and Russian apologists to call this ethnic cleansing as Russian humanitarian assistance, even though these poor children would not have been displaced if there had been no invasion by Russia.

Just a thought from George

The ICC issuing arrest warrants for Putin and his woman minister in charge of the Ukrainian children being "adopted" into Russia add a material change to the situation in my view.

So far it has been possible for Russian propaganda and Russian apologists to call this ethnic cleansing as Russian humanitarian assistance, even though these poor children would not have been displaced if there had been no invasion by Russia.

Just a thought from George

I agree that it is something of a material change and marks these monsters for what they are for anyone who is listening….. I don’t think there is the remotest chance it will stop russia describing their actions as humanitarian assistance though.
As an aside isn’t ‘ethnic cleansing’ a disgusting term, what is cleansing about it.

Dear Bart,

Though on a less serious note why do we describe car theft as "joy riding?" I blame the mass media. If they would call a spade a spade, then they would better represent the truth.

Really I think these "vogue euphemistic phrases" are thought up by those who would defend the actions in question [defence lawyers, Russian Propaganda Ministry and so on], and somehow get absorbed into general usage. Sometimes I want to spit feathers when I hear or read such glossing of reality.

Best wishes from George

Dear Bart,

Though on a less serious note why do we describe car theft as "joy riding?" I blame the mass media. If they would call a spade a spade, then they would better represent the truth.

Really I think these "vogue euphemistic phrases" are thought up by those who would defend the actions in question [defence lawyers, Russian Propaganda Ministry and so on], and somehow get absorbed into general usage. Sometimes I want to spit feathers when I hear or read such glossing of reality.

Best wishes from George

Isn’t it the US that is famous for such euphemisms. ‘Collateral damage’ for instance was IIRC used in Vietnam but gained wider currency during the Gulf War.

Isn’t it the US that is famous for such euphemisms. ‘Collateral damage’ for instance was IIRC used in Vietnam but gained wider currency during the Gulf War.

I expect anyone or any government that is doing something morally wrong will try to dress the action up in euphemistic language. "Pax Britanica" being one splendid example. Or Putin's, "Special Military Operation."

Best wishes from Goegre

Dear Bart,

Best wishes from George
Consider that 'joy riding,' however offensive if one identifies with the feeling of the victim, is actually a good description of the feelings and motivations of a certain class of perpetrator. From that point-of-view, the term is not an euphemism at all, it's an apt reflection of reality. Of course, if the term is wrongly applied to the activities of professional car thieves, then it becomes an euphemism. By the same token, 'ethnic cleansing' is an accurate description of the motives of many who support such policies. They indeed, however wrongly, view certain others as 'pollutants' in 'their' populace. Funny attitudes about 'cleanliness,' for example, the conviction that members of a disfavored group are dirty and diseased, along with heightened revulsion reactions to the possibility of dirt and germs in the actual environment, are a feature of the mindset of many bigoted persons. Propagandists exploit this by linking hate targets to disease and vermin.

Not many people following this thread would need to resort to Google for that!
Oh I see. SMO means people who think there is a moral case for only considering the use of euphemisms to excuse civilian death and destruction when it comes from one side.

Aha! Another opportunity found to suggest that the US, among all nations, is especially bad! This from the person who condemns any suggestion that any Russian 'national' character tendencies exist as racism!

Aha! Another opportunity found to suggest that the US, among all nations, is especially bad! This from the person who condemns any suggestion that any Russian 'national' character tendencies exists as racism!

This is Moral Relativism.

Moral Relativism was condemned on here not so long ago.

advertisement

Back