Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Ukraine IV

Discussion in 'off topic' started by -alan-, Apr 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

If you care to actually read my post you will see it was a question, not an assertion of any sort. Equally clear is the answer to your ‘who’ question, it’s there at the top of the post. Do you have an actual point to make?

2. DimitryZ

DimitryZ pfm Member

Can we not devolve this thread into a meandering discussion of "western hypocrisy?"

We have heard it multiple times now and understand your pov.

Kirk likes this.
  3. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

It was your friend Spraggons Den who meandered into the realm of hypocrisy, not me. I merely responded to a question about the morality of invasions raised by someone else.

4. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

All you’re doing is fill this thread with noise cos you like to hear your own keyboard rattle.

Brian likes this.
  5. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Can you not formulate an argument without resort to petty insult?

6. Amber Audio

That’s all you’re ever after all over this forum “an argument”. Presume you meant without not with, maybe you’re typing too fast.

Anyway back OT - it looks like Germany is kicking in measures to guard against Russian Gas supplies being cut off. Also they are finally delivering the 155mm with trained UA guys.

Brian likes this.
  7. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

I’ve yet to make an argument, I just asked a question. One question and 3 replies that do not address the post, but make sarcastic remarks about the poster. Seems to be a theme of this thread.

anubisgrau likes this.
  8. Spraggons Den

Spraggons Den pfm Member

Okay I shall accept the challenge (although i can't really remember the question) so I will go with my swinger. Is the answer one or a combination of the following:

a. NATO expansionism

b. US imperialism

c. Monetarism

d. Dukla Prague away kit

Brian likes this.
  9. Amber Audio

Wrong time of year for D - it’s an Xmas gift

Spraggons Den likes this.
  10. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

The fact that you post ad him without understanding the question is telling.

11. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

I hope this is not ad hom, but I reckon you are one of the most argumentative posters here on PFM. Whenever there is an endless back and forward discussion on a thread, there’s a very high chance that you are at the centre of it!

Brian and Amber Audio like this.
  12. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Not ad hom, at least not part of the same litany of personal gripes that comes from your friend SD, but it is yet another post that attacks the poster and not the post. You are now the 4th poster to respond to a question with a personal attack. If a the response to asking a question is a personalised response, then the problem is not with me, but with those who lack the intellect to answer a question with a reasoned argument and resort instead to sarcasm and personal snipes.

13. Amber Audio

Nope, the problem really is you.

Brian likes this.
  14. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

By yet again not answering the question in the post, but attacking the poster, you prove that it really isn’t.

droodzilla and anubisgrau like this.
  15. Plink

Plink pfm Member

because they are stupid and intellectually dishonest questions. Nobody said the falklands invasion was more pernicious than Iraq or Afghanistan…yet you still ask the question as if someone here said so.

the what about stuff at this point is beyond tedious. a separate thread would be good and would broaden the topic for you.

I think you somehow do not understand that the what aboutism, no matter your angle of argument, is seen by many as amenable to Putin as this is Putin’s own tactic for excusing his abhorrent actions.

Brian, ErikL, DimitryZ and 4 others like this.
  16. Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard Ayup Me Duck

17. ErikL

ErikL pfm Member

EU leaders agree to make Ukraine and Moldova candidates for EU membership after giving bids a speedy review.

Great!

Brian, Amber Audio and DimitryZ like this.
  18. Jim Audiomisc

Jim Audiomisc pfm Member

That is a rather absolutist view of morality. Reality may not fit it very well.

19. Jim Audiomisc

Jim Audiomisc pfm Member

Perhaps "Is morality an absolute" needs a different thread to one that is specifically about Ukraine. Otherwise this does just what some trolls/shills may wish - to dilute and divert attention from the central issue *of this thread*.

20. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.