advertisement

2024 local elections

I was hoping the Monkey Hangers would know how to deal with Houchen! However, it may be a Pyrrhic victory if Labour wins the General Election and sends the National Audit Office in.

Alas fat fingers remain firmly in the Tees Valley till. Houchen is voted back in.
I guess people have yet to understand the shocking corruption that's gone on with this crook & his mates. Let's hope after the Tories are kicked out there'll be a proper inquiry into what's happened there with the connivance of Gove.

Alas fat fingers remain firmly in the Tees Valley till. Houchen is voted back in.
Yes.

Who knew far-right multi-millionaires and oligarchs could manipulate the media!

I suppose that may have something to with it but interviewing a few Greens over a 48-hour period isn't going to undermine the ruling elites. Maybe the Beeb will oblige.

A fantastic result in Havant. It’s been a Tory virtual monopoly for years, with a small move to Labour and Green last year. A full election resulting from boundary changes has led to no overall control: Con 13, Lab 10, Lib 7, Green 4 and swivel eyed loons 2. My own ward now has three green councillors, which would have been unheard of a few years ago. I’m absolutely delighted. Now to the General, which can’t come soon enough.

Who knew far-right multi-millionaires and oligarchs could manipulate the media!
I think there's also the fact that Farage/Reform/Brexit Party Ltd are essentially a branch of the Tory Party and as such are treated as part of the political establishment.

Whereas the Green Party are largely political outsiders that the establishment and media like to write off as a load of eco weirdos who keep banging on about saving the planet instead of focusing on 'real issues' like hating on refugees.

Some interesting statistics on turnout in London. Slight increase in Conservative boroughs. Significantly lower in Labour boroughs.

Assumption is that this is in response to ULEZ and Labour voters staying away because of their stance on Gaza.

Khan is still favourite to win but it could be a lot closer than the polls predicted.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I think there's also the fact that Farage/Reform/Brexit Party Ltd are essentially a branch of the Tory Party and as such are treated as part of the political establishment.

Chances are they and the client journalists at the BBC and Sky all went to the same private schools and took the same degrees at Oxford/Cambridge. I remember seeing Sky’s Sam Coates‘ public school posh-boy mask slip hopelessly in Rochdale when Galloway got elected. He tried so, so hard to Karen some working class folk who spotted his game. Very funny in its own way. The BBC are much worse and seldom stop interviewing Tice, Farage, IEA and all manner of dark-money-funded shitheads.

Khan is still favourite to win but it could be a lot closer than the polls predicted.

I’ve read comments from Labour/left sources bricking it that Hall is actually in with a real chance. I hope they are wrong as she is a disaster on every level. A thick racist conspiracy theorist who has long proven to be a liar. I saw a comment on Twitter earlier describing her as ”the batty neighbour from a forgotten 1970s sitcom that is now too racist to broadcast”.

By repeating this without comment we can only assume you're entitely happy to agree with the poster's claim that a "Labour supporter" was perpetrator of this, despite the lack of any evidence.

Police statement :"One man, aged 18, was arrested on suspicion of attempted section 18 assault, and a 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit section 18."

Looks like joyriding to me, and while it's true that if you ever probed the politics of joyriders, they'd unlikely to be Tories, feel free to let your political prejudices lead you up the primrose path...

I’ve read comments from Labour/left sources bricking it that Hall is actually in with a real chance. I hope they are wrong as she is a disaster on every level. A thick racist conspiracy theorist who has long proven to be a liar. I saw a comment on Twitter earlier describing her as ”the batty neighbour from a forgotten 1970s sitcom that is now too racist to broadcast”.

You only have to venture onto space Karen's toxic mouthpiece to see how batshit some people are when Sadiq Khan is mentioned, apparently he is solely responsible for turning it into a third world bloodthirsty stabathon.

I'm not surprised at all that Labour are worried about her, even if she does make Binface look like the sane and rational choice.

The Greens took some important seats off Labour in Leeds, with the outgoing lord mayor losing his seat for some extra smiles...

advertisement

Back