advertisement

2024 local elections

Question, who on earth vote CONservative?

Answer, Potted Thinkers...

“The worst type of potted thinking is when we start talking in slogans that have no thought behind them”
It isn’t just conservative voters though. Labour are currently riding high on their own slogans which seems to be a series of variations on the There Is No Money theme, which just a moments thought would reveal as the sort of logical nonsense that Stebbing warns us about, and more important a slogan designed to fit in with the austerity narrative that is the cause of our problems.

“Anything we can do, we can afford” is another slogan, but one that stands up to thought a little better.

Also interesting to see just how much damage multi-millionaire far-right extremist Richard Tice is doing to the Tory vote, actually coming ahead in some counts. I bet he’ll do some kind of a deal with the similar public school fascists and oligarchs in the Tory Party ahead of the next election.

PS As ever the Twitter Britain Elects account is full of results: https://twitter.com/BritainElects

Reform polled very strongly in Blackpool. I think we are seeing a fracture in the right wing vote rather than a Lab-Con straight fight...

Reform polled very strongly in Blackpool. I think we are seeing a fracture in the right wing vote rather than a Lab-Con straight fight...
Yes, but the warning from history is that Tice is doing what Farrage did before 2019. If Tice stands down against the Tories al la Farage, the Tories might be closer to Labour.

A large Labour majority at the next GE will be a disater.

Neither party is daft, they both represent the interests of billionaire oligarchs who will happily sell fascism to idiots in order to keep their money safe. No way will they go into the next election head to head. I’m certain Banks, Farage, Tice etc far-right oligarchy only exists to drag the Tories ever further rightwards. I can’t see these shameless grifters shooting themselves in their own feet. The are amongst the worst people alive IMHO, but they are not stupid. Wiping the Tory establishment out is simply not in their interest. They need to keep the crown tax-havens open etc (the core motivation behind funding Brexit as far as I can see).

It was reported that 68% of Blackpool voted Leave in the referendum, no I don't know why either, so I think that's where most of Reform got their votes from. I just wish this Labour party would stop chasing these voters.

Reform was the only canvasser i saw last week. He greeted me with the news that we're now in Clacton constituency; my reply encouraged him to move onto more fertile ground.

When the day day came i thought it was Wednesday until the news came on so missed voting for the first time in years.

When the day day came i thought it was Wednesday until the news came on so missed voting for the first time in years.
I found out yesterday evening that Mrs BM had also thought it was Wednesday and was thinking it was unusual for us to have voted on a Wednesday......

Blackpool South
32% turnout
Starmers ‘seismic swing’ 2K fewer votes than the Losing Labour candidate 2019 (Gordon Marsden)
68% of the electorate want/ need a new party/parties to vote for- I can’t see it happening at the moment 🙁

Starmers ‘seismic swing’ 2K fewer votes than the Losing Labour candidate 2019 (Gordon Marsden)
68% of the electorate want/ need a new party/parties to vote for- I can’t see it happening at the moment 🙁

That is the real story IMO. The hatred for the Tories is truly visceral. I can’t remember anything like it, and I lived through the very worst of Thatcherism in one of the highest unemployment areas in the UK. Even against that there is no appetite for Labour as they are offering nothing and Starmer is a lying spineless morality-free shit. Labour are the answer to nothing.

Yes, but the warning from history is that Tice is doing what Farrage did before 2019. If Tice stands down against the Tories al la Farage, the Tories might be closer to Labour.
That's what I'm saying. I think I agree with Curtice that Labour isn't polling as strongly as people hope/imagine nationwide. It will hurt Labour later on not having a positive support but winning by default.

That's what I'm saying. I think I agree with Curtice that Labour isn't polling as strongly as people hope/imagine nationwide. It will hurt Labour later on not having a positive support but winning by default.

I’m fully expecting Tice to do what Farage/Banks did and sack all their candidates in seats the Tories can win in the hope of being able to be a voice in a hung parliament. No way will they go into the next election fighting each other. There is just too much dirty/dark money involved in this for that.

Yes, agree. I believe a large LP majority will be a disaster. The bigger the majority they get, the more privatisation will follow.

If anyone is against more and more privatisation of the NHS, the real tactical vote in local elections would be to vote Reform!

I’m fully expecting Tice to do what Farage/Banks did and sack all their candidates in seats the Tories can win in the hope of being able to be a voice in a hung parliament. No way will they go into the next election fighting each other. There is just too much dirty/dark money involved in this for that.
Yes, wishing a Reform/Tory alliance is the best we can hope for the way things are!

How the f*ck did we get here?

advertisement

Back