advertisement

2024 local elections

Remember: If Labour does not get a thumping majority of the votes today, blame voter ID.

Quiet polling station.

I have a feeling that it might not be quite the day the general election opinion polls would suggest.

Remember: If Labour does not get a thumping majority of the votes today, blame voter ID.

I’m pretty certain it takes a scythe to the (working poor multi-ethnic) votes locally, which is obviously the Tory intent. It was only ever intended as gerrymandering and that is exactly what it deliverers. IIRC more Tory MPs of this parliament have been charged with sex offences than voters have been charged with election fraud nationally. It was never an issue. Only ever a tool to rig and preserve elite power.

The Tories must be desperate, I have had 4 of them from random parts of the country not counting Andy Street as even he does not want to be associated with them. They have had short shrift from me usually along the lines of "Bye Bye Tories, see you in the history books"

Correction to the thread topic . It's the ENGLISH and WELSH local elections !!! Wikipedia thinks that these two countries are the UK ! Alba Gu Bragh...:cool:🤔

I was surprised to learn that his partner is comedian and wig modeller Michael Fabricant.
Blimey, I didn’t know that either, but from a quick search it seems you’re right.

Rather puts into perspective how much of a ‘not really a Conservative’ he actually is!

The veterans minister has apologised to former military personnel who have been prevented from using their veterans ID in order to vote in the local elections in England on Thursday.

Downing Street said it would “look into” changing the controversial new rules, which require photo ID in order to vote, to allow veterans’ ID cards on to the list of valid identification.

Just been, and although they asked for photo ID, they didn't pay a great deal of attention to it. Like others have said, not many people around, but then, I am in a smallish village, and have never had to queue to vote.

advertisement

Back