advertisement

2024 local elections

Is it possible to moderate your language, you sound like you are going to explode.

What bad language was in that post? I’m not annoyed, I actually pity you. I read your posts in resigned disbelief. What a loser/grifter to still be pushing the current Tory party even now! Any dignity is long, long gone.

I am voting Tory in the local elections because the quality of labour councillors is poor.

For clarity: Mick’s son is a Swindon Conservative councillor. He gets paid to promote the racism, conspiracy theory and corruption of the party.

Would you want any councillor to be bad at managing their own finances.
He's self serving like all tories. Lining his pockets while the community and infrastructure, local and national, disintegrates. Putting himself first.

What bad language was in that post? I’m not annoyed, I actually pity you. What a loser/grifter to still be pushing the current Tory party. Any dignity is long, long gone.

For clarity: Mick’s son is a Swindon Conservative councillor. He gets paid to promote the racism, conspiracy theory and corruption of the party.
Tony, you are breaching the AUP in the fact you are criticising family members.

My son is a Tory Councillor and is very popular with the local Indian community. To say that someone you do not know is a racist is rather tacky at the least. He holds the same views as me on immigration as do many other Tories.

He's self serving like all tories. Lining his pockets while the community and infrastructure, local and national, disintegrates. Putting himself first.
Do a google search on how many Labour MPs fiddled their expenses during the 2009 scandal. Even the LibDems were at it.

My son is a Tory Councillor and is very popular with the local Indian community. To say that someone you do not know is a racist is rather tacky at the least. He holds the same views as me on immigration as do many other Tories.

He represents the party behind the far-right racist Rwanda policy, the Hostile Environment, Windrush, Grenfell and any number of other racist policies. If either you or he had any dignity or integrity he would have resigned decades ago even if he/you were dumb enough to be suckered in the first place. At no point in my life have I considered the Conservative Party to be anything other than blatantly and unapologetically racist.

PS As site owner I have a duty to fact-check obviously loaded political propaganda fly-tipped here. People have the right to know you are a Tory shill using my site (entirely at my expense) to further your party and family interest. You bring this shit here, I have the right to shine a spotlight on it.

I suppose you don’t have to be a racist in order to work for and promote a racist enterprise, but I imagine you do need some flexibility in your personal ethical code.

I am voting Tory.

I agree that if you don't
vote, you lose the moral right to moan.
@Mick P

You may (or may not) have noted I shall not be voting for any Party at the forthcoming election, the decision based on moral gounds as much as anything else. Abstention is a principle applied regularly in both houses of parliament, and if its good enough for parliamentarians it's good enough for me.

You're a Tory, and considering how your government is intent on shutting down civil liberties and democratic process, no surprise you believe the pleb that I am has 'no right to moan', as you put it.

John

We have six candidates (for two positions) in our ward. two incumbent tories, two lib dems, a labour and a green. An eclectic mix, as they say…….

Who would the team recommend? :D

We have six candidates (for two positions) in our ward. two incumbent tories, two lib dems, a labour and a green. An eclectic mix, as they say…….

Who would the team recommend? :D
I’d be inclined to vote for the party that stands the best chance of knocking out the tories.

Have a look at the tory response to the Covid crisis.

@Mick P

You may (or perhaps not) have noted I shall not be voting for any Party at the forthcoming election, the decision based on moral gounds as much as anything else. Abstention is a principle applied regularly in both houses of parliament, and if its good enough for parliamentarians it's good enough for me.

You're a Tory, and considering how your government is intent on shutting down civil liberties and democratic process, no surprise you believe the pleb that I am has no right 'to moan', as you put it.

John
If I fail to vote in the General Election, I will lose the moral right to criticise any government that wins the election
PS As site owner I have a duty to fact-check obviously loaded political propaganda fly-tipped here. People have the right to know you are a Tory shill using my site (entirely at my expense) to further your party and family interest. You bring this shit here, I have the right to shine a spotlight on it.
Would you prefer me not to enter any political discussion on pfm?

I was brought up to always vote, as the right to do it, was a hard won thing.
I've always voted Labour, but by vote, in a traditionally Tory stronghold, Is wasted. So, like a child, I write anglo saxon expletive's, to spoil my paper. Owen Patterson, was recently voted out. Now there's a fine example of sleeze, as was proven.

Would you prefer me not to enter any political discussion on pfm?

I don’t care either way, I quite enjoy taking the piss. If I were you I’d not want to make a fool of myself online, but that’s 100% a you thing. I’ll certainly keep shining a spotlight whenever you do, as will countless others.

@Mick P

I think you need to re-read my post. Something about an MP's right to abstain, yet retaining the right to speak (or criticise). . .

Your self-awareness is also on the blink; the most immoral government in my lifetime (I'm 66) has someone who voted for it moralising about a UK citizen's right to criticise.

John

Survey by Byline Times to gauge the effect of Voter ID on turnout and ease of voting.

This is the second set of elections since the introduction of Voter ID, and we want to see their real impact at polling stations on the day. Your insights will help us see what’s happening on the ground, and let us investigate any issues.

advertisement

Back