advertisement

UK Election 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe folks think a global recession caused by private sector banks is down to the Labour govt in the UK. Amazing how people support increased food banks, attacking the elderly, the less well-off, the disabled and the young.
Yes, imagine one man being able to cause all that.:rolleyes:

I was talking about more than the greedy bankers, which Labour should have stopped!
They screwed everything up.

I was talking about more than the greedy bankers, which Labour should have stopped!
They screwed everything up.

But it's not as if the Tories were calling for tighter regulation; indeed they argued for even more deregulation than Labour allowed.

The main argument against voting Labour in is Ed Balls. To avoid having to decide between two hopeless dingbats, I have arranged to be out of the country when the election takes place.

But it's not as if the Tories were calling for tighter regulation; indeed they argued for even more deregulation than Labour allowed.

The main argument against voting Labour in is Ed Balls. To avoid having to decide between two hopeless dingbats, I have arranged to be out of the country when the election takes place.
I disagree. Miliband is the problem for Labour. Balls is far sharper than gideon.

I don't get the hatred for Balls, and certainly not the suggestion that he is a "nasty piece of work" compared to Osborne who has spent his time as Chancellor inflicting misery and hardship on the most vulnerable.

I see that he is not a likeable man, but what is he meant to have done that is so terrible?

And do you know what? YOU have a vote. Use it. I don't care who you vote for, use it.

Or don't whine.

Vote well.

Vote as YOU want to.

Vote with your heart.

And that is all we should do.

Couldn't agree more with these sentiments - except (if one votes), the government will get in...

Sad to say, after the 2010 protest vote that landed us all with a hung parliament/coalition, the state of the UK's national political process looks to have learned nothing and be even less suitable as candidates than last time round.

I may go into the independant manufacture of pitchforks and tar barrels in the very near future.

It's a real shame Elizabeth Warren (my senator from Massachusetts) can't lead the UK labour party. She'd make a great president, but I fear she's too far to the left (i.e. not right of center) to get anywhere in the US.

http://elizabethwarren.com/elizabeth

And she doesn't mince her words (about 3 minutes in)

[YOUTUBE]nTWfa-iO9Nc[/YOUTUBE]

Can't believe folks think a global recession caused by private sector banks is down to the Labour govt in the UK. Amazing how people support increased food banks, attacking the elderly, the less well-off, the disabled and the young.
+1

That's rare :)

I can't get excited about this.

Firstly I live in a constituency where the only parties other than the Tories that stand a chance of not losing their deposits are UKIP and the Nazis.

Secondly, all major political parties are unfit for purpose anyway. Basically they all seem to resemble human excrement - it's just the consistency that varies. Professional politicians do not represent the electorate anymore - and nor should we need them to.

How many PFM'ers live in an area where their vote really might make a difference?

I know, let's move to a private sector model like Sky or eBay where consultation and scrutiny is replaced by satisfaction surveys, and if you don't like what you get you either can complain to customer services before being told to naff off or just naff off in the first place.

How many PFM'ers live in an area where their vote really might make a difference?

Me. The constituency in which I live has gone Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem in the 20 or so years I've lived here. I expect the Lib Dems will lose this time around, because there's still a lot of ill-feeling about them reneging on their promises re tuition fees and getting into bed with the Tories.

Balls is a nasty piece of work. Miliband is just a hapless geek.

I don't care if Ed Balls is a nasty piece of work, as long as he is effective in doing the right thing and making progress with the economy.
I want him to be chancellor - I'm not inviting him round for dinner.

I can't get excited about this.

Firstly I live in a constituency where the only parties other than the Tories that stand a chance of not losing their deposits are UKIP and the Nazis.

Secondly, all major political parties are unfit for purpose anyway. Basically they all seem to resemble human excrement - it's just the consistency that varies. Professional politicians do not represent the electorate anymore - and nor should we need them to.

Same here. Finally I get to vote, yet I've become fairly indifferent to it all.

I don't know who to vote for tbh. I feel exasperated by the whole political scene at the moment.

I couldn't vote for Labour......I thought they were terrible in government last time around and I tend to not agree or like their politicians when I hear them speak on political talk shows and feel they are disingenuous. The Tories have also not been good in government. They were left a shite state of affairs when they entered government and any party would have struggled in such a situation which is why I felt the early criticism was unwarranted. But I feel they could have done more and even moved away from some of their usual ideology, but I guess not....leopard, spots and all that.

I like the LibDems and their politicians seem genuine and nice but feel they are ineffectual, more so this time around based on the outrage of existing LibDem voters after u-turns since joining the coalition. UKIP has gone quiet, seemingly so because Farrage disappeared to the U.S. for a while, which pretty much demonstrates UKIP is a one man party. I don't think the Greens are capable of governing in their own right so I'm not really left with anything/anyone to get excited about.

I wish for the general election to produce a political mess where governance becomes almost impossible in the hope that political reform is the only viable solution.......because I can't see it happening under any other condition unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back