advertisement

UCI cycling world championships Yorkshire

sean99

pfm Member
Did anyone else catch the 22 yr old American woman Chloe Dygert catching 6 riders ahead of her and winning by over 90 seconds ??

Absolutely unbelievable.

Also unbelievable were the conditions in the mens' U23 race.

Check out the puddle/crash at 4 minutes in. The race should have been cancelled.

any cyclist riding through standing water that has accumulated so quickly is an idiot.has he never fell down a displaced drain cover before?
Rgds
Stuart

any cyclist riding through standing water that has accumulated so quickly is an idiot.has he never fell down a displaced drain cover before?
Rgds
Stuart

I suspect he had a WTF moment and failed to make a split second decision. Going fast on aerobars obstacles come up a lot faster than on a Sunday club run, and the decision time is quite short. I'm glad noone was seriously injured.

I'm surprised there are no comments from our resident cyclists about Chloe Dygert - she was on fire during the womens' elite TT, passing other riders like they were standing still. I've never seen anything like it.

I'm surprised there are no comments from our resident cyclists about Chloe Dygert - she was on fire during the womens' elite TT, passing other riders like they were standing still. I've never seen anything like it.

Drugs? E-bike?

Missed that one.
Thanks for posting.

Many very young riders coming to the fore now.
Nutrition may be the answer, from an interview with George Bennett during the Vuelta

Current forecast for Mens Road Race on Sunday - heavy rain starting around 11 PM Saturday, continuing until Sunday 11 AM, then easing a bit. More wetsuits than skinsuits....

Compare the state she rolled off her bike after she crossed the line compared to the Dutch rider at 90 seconds, she was all in tank empty, past the redline. A perfectly measured effort.

I saw the Junior Men's Road Race today, stood by the road at the feed zone in Kilnsey. It was showery but not too cold. I am always amazed by the speed of a top class peloton! Saw the end too on the TV in Three Peaks Cycles in Settle. Top place if you are in the area, excellent cafe and loads of bikes and bits.

I don't think so, I think she's an exceptionally strong cyclist who's in great form at the moment.
Depth of talent in women's cycling is shallower so you do get big disparities in some events. Vos used to win across multiple disciplines (MTB, Cross, Road). Having said that, Dennis just won the mens event by over a minute.

I think they seeded Dygert too low (20th I think) and that is part of the reason she was able to catch 6 riders in front of her - did make for spectacular viewing. Rohan Dennis had a heck of TT also.

advertisement

Back