Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Tweaks You Cannot Live Without

Discussion in 'audio' started by ryder, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

A wet vacuum record cleaning machine is my essential tweak.

Musicman19 likes this.
  2. flutteringwow

flutteringwow Platinum Ears

Linear Power Supplies
    +
    Cardas cable
    +
    @DimitryZ

3. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

I have three ball bearings in stainless steel cups under my turntable support.

Darren likes this.
  4. DeRoubaix

DeRoubaix Member

Blu tak for cable dressing on the wall.

5. Nigel

Nigel pfm Member

Magic eraser sponge

tpetsch and Chops54 like this.
  6. The Bish

The Bish pfm Member

Small scotch. Or a large one.

Zombie likes this.
  7. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member

Handcuffs and lubricant

AndyCC72, Darren and guydarryl like this.
  8. Nigel

Nigel pfm Member

A tape measure.

9. wylton

wylton Naim and Mana member

Me too, though in my case it's a Loricraft.

10. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Agreed on the Gaia footers! They work great under my Ovator 400s.

I think “cable dressing” can be a worthwhile tweak, if only to make one’s system interconnects and power cables look more presentable. None of mine touch, and they are all off the ground. Feel the same way about speaker cables, but really don’t like floor lifters. As an alternative, I hang my speaker cable from removable 3M wall hooks using thin rubber bands. Overall, my setup looks more tidy, and the floor is much easier to dust or vacuum!

ryder and Darren like this.
  11. Darren L

Darren L pfm Member

I wouldn't have thought of cable dressing or a record cleaning machine as tweaks but more or less 'good housekeeping '

12. TimF

TimF pfm Member

I kind of got a variant of this situation about eight months ago, a variant I didn’t want under any circumstance, yet had no choice in the matter. It cost me about 25 times what my system costs new. But yeah, I guess I can listen to any damn thing I want to, and rubbish up my living room with all my kit and cables and whatever else. And I miss her…..

brumjam, chiily, Tom60300 and 3 others like this.
  13. Darren

Darren All Business

That's sad bruh. What went wrong?

14. Darren

Darren All Business

We are talking tweaks here Z. Not bedroom. essentials

Zombie likes this.
  15. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Proverbial fork in the road type of thing. No real “wrong” thing. But sad. Period. Life goes on….

16. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member

Clean the connectors (or just pull them out or turn them) and use a record cleaner.

17. rag987

rag987 pfm Member

Contacts have been mentioned a few times in this thread - has anyone heard a difference? What are you hearing? I have a bottle of Deoxit gathering dust and might be tempted to pull it out and apply some.

18. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member

It's like a minor upgrade at times

19. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

My system is never together long enough for the contacts to tarnish....I am the proverbial tweaker :rolleyes:

darrenyeats likes this.
  20. herb

herb music live

Use of Kontak on connections focusses the sound and improves dynamics, even on brand new equipment.

I tried Deoxit D5 on a connection last month and it blurred the sound having left a green deposit. I had to clean that off with Kontak and normality was restored.

Kontak Audio Contact Cleaning Fluid: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

yespsb likes this.