advertisement

Tweaks You Cannot Live Without

Agreed on the Gaia footers! They work great under my Ovator 400s.

I think “cable dressing” can be a worthwhile tweak, if only to make one’s system interconnects and power cables look more presentable. None of mine touch, and they are all off the ground. Feel the same way about speaker cables, but really don’t like floor lifters. As an alternative, I hang my speaker cable from removable 3M wall hooks using thin rubber bands. Overall, my setup looks more tidy, and the floor is much easier to dust or vacuum!

I wouldn't have thought of cable dressing or a record cleaning machine as tweaks but more or less 'good housekeeping '

A wife who understands that when you are listening to music you want to be left the feck alone.

I kind of got a variant of this situation about eight months ago, a variant I didn’t want under any circumstance, yet had no choice in the matter. It cost me about 25 times what my system costs new. But yeah, I guess I can listen to any damn thing I want to, and rubbish up my living room with all my kit and cables and whatever else. And I miss her…..

I kind of got a variant of this situation about eight months ago, a variant I didn’t want under any circumstance, yet had no choice in the matter. It cost me about 25 times what my system costs new. But yeah, I guess I can listen to any damn thing I want to, and rubbish up my living room with all my kit and cables and whatever else. And I miss her…..
That's sad bruh. What went wrong?

Proverbial fork in the road type of thing. No real “wrong” thing. But sad. Period. Life goes on….

Clean the connectors (or just pull them out or turn them)
Contacts have been mentioned a few times in this thread - has anyone heard a difference? What are you hearing? I have a bottle of Deoxit gathering dust and might be tempted to pull it out and apply some.

Contacts have been mentioned a few times in this thread - has anyone heard a difference? What are you hearing? I have a bottle of Deoxit gathering dust and might be tempted to pull it out and apply some.
It's like a minor upgrade at times

Use of Kontak on connections focusses the sound and improves dynamics, even on brand new equipment.

I tried Deoxit D5 on a connection last month and it blurred the sound having left a green deposit. I had to clean that off with Kontak and normality was restored.

Kontak Audio Contact Cleaning Fluid: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back