advertisement

TV Speakers?

Linnovice

pfm Member
Morning all. I’m in the process of setting up a small second Linn system to mainly feed of off my tv/satellite audio. The amps are a Linn Wakonda plus a Linn LK100. I’d appreciate some advice please in choosing a decent pair of small format speakers. I have a maximum height under the tv of 25cm.

I have a Wakonda/LK85 bought from curiosity and for if/when my workplace office gets regular use again. I have tried a few speakers but 25cm high is not huge, I do like my Zensor 3 maybe the Dali Menuet would suit they are on the 25cm high mark and get good reviews.

Can you put the speakers on their sides? Or use two Centre speakers?

JBL do decent mini monitors but look a bit plasticy.

Small speakers I've owned and enjoyed in recent years are the Dali Zensor pico and the Q Acoustics 3010... another option if you wanted to keep it in the Linn family would be Tukans, rotated onto their sides.

Kef C15 or Mordaunt Short M10 would be very affordable and okay for a tv setup.
For a better sound quality, Dali would be my option as well.

Neat Iota.

For a cheaper option, look out for some Boston A23’s. I use some for TV / streaming duties in the snug and they sound great for the size and cost. Look good too.

Don't know how much you want to spend but I use a pair of ELAC B5.2 and they do a pretty good job for around £300.
I'm not sure it's worth spending more as I find TV sound pretty dire regardless of the quality of equipment.

I am very much enjoying my Spendor S3/5Rs just sitting either side of my TV on the little Ikea tip-back floor stands one associates with Shahinian Elfs. I wasn’t expecting them to work like this at all, but they really do. No booms, honks or anything, very nice clear dialogue and very enjoyable musically.

advertisement

Back