advertisement

TV player for Windows 10 Laptop

twotone

pfm Member
Hi guys, I'm looking for a simple all in one solution to be able to watch terrestrial TV (UK) on a laptop in my own home.

I know it would probably be easier to just buy a TV but it's really only a temporary thing as my wife is self isolating in her bedroom at the moment so it's to enable her to watch TV easily.

She can just open BBC iplayer, STV player, Ch4 player etc in a web browser and watch from there but she gets a bit confused with trying to switch back and forth between the web pages, it's a bit convoluted being honest so a dedicated media player would be ideal so she could just switch channels easily.

Thanks

Tony

Probably not as easy as you want it to be. There are devices you plug into the arial that can then be integrated with plex for instance but by the time thats set up your wife will probably be better

However I am pretty sure you can get like iplayer, and itv and channel 4 apps surely?>

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Probably not as easy as you want it to be. There are devices you plug into the arial that can then be integrated with plex for instance but by the time thats set up your wife will probably be better

However I am pretty sure you can get like iplayer, and itv and channel 4 apps surely?>
Yeah there are STV Player, 4oD and iPlayer, I managed with them for the odd week/weeks in hospital. Kindle App was a great thing to pass the time too, blagged the wifes account.

Yeah there are STV Player, 4oD and iPlayer, I managed with them for the odd week/weeks in hospital. Kindle App was a great thing to pass the time too, blagged the wifes account.

Thanks all, aye the web browsers players are okay but they're a bit of a faff and my wife hasn't really got into the computer thing she much prefers to use her phone but that's not much use for watching tv although it is a brand new iphone mini she has.

I don't think you are going to find a consolidated software media player that'll do what you want.

Possibly the easiest thing to do would be a USB free view tuner, which would turn the laptop into a TV. But that would rely on you having a decent signal or aerial connection.

If you had Sky or VM TV services, then there are apps you could have used.

As you say buying a TV would be easiest.

If you have a computer monitor with in built speakers it'll work well with an Amazon Firestick. You can get not only the TV channels (BBC, ITV) but also NetFlix, etc and of course Amazon films.

We use 3 of them.

Cheers,

DV

advertisement

Back