advertisement

TV audio delay sync issue

chris geary

pfm Member
Ever since I got the active Briks up and running, I have been trying to solve a problem with one of my sources, which is frankly the most used source -- The TV. It is a Samsung flat screen. 5 years old or so.

I had been using a 3.5mm stereo to rca cable to run from the headphone/audio out on the TV to my preamp. I have also tried using an optical audio out from the TV through a cheap Amazon DAC into the preamp. I have also tried a box that "strips" the audio from an HDMI signal and converts it to analog - this device was inserted between the Roku and the TV.

After I set up the NAXO and the power amps, there is just too much delay in the audio signal - so it does not sync with the video any more.

The TV has the ability to delay the audio signal, since apparently there are often sync problems between audio and video, but the TV only can delay (or not delay) the audio signal to account for system -related delays in the video processing. There is no provision to delay the video signal relative to the audio signal.

Does anybody know of a box I could hook up (probably between the Roku and the TV) that would delay the video signal relative to the audio? doesn't need to be a big delay.

Are there TVs that have the ability to delay the video signal like mine can delay the audio? Are there cheap chinese boxes (like my Amazon DAC and the Audio Stripper) that can do what I need?

While my Google fu is quite strong, I am only seeing professional broadcast studio type solutions that will delay both the audio and video signals for 10 seconds for censorship purposes, nothing that addresses this issue. Thanks in advance.

advertisement

Back