Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Turntable

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Iceman16, Apr 4, 2020.

1. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

I certainly wouldn't start with a vpi, try and find some 3rd party numbers for bearing noise and speed stability on them...

Sme10, kuzma, project extension 10 and above, some the german stuff.

slawekt likes this.
  2. trumpetman

trumpetman pfm Member

Well tempered are fantastic decks and would be my first choice if I were to upgrade my Funk Firm LSD. Second would be the Kuzma. With lockdown it could be very difficult as you need to hear any deck and see how it fits in your system - but you know that so maybe wait?
    Cheers

3. Goldenmouse

Goldenmouse pfm Member

Bauer DPS 3 at Definitive Audio for £3000 less 20%. Add suitable arm, job done.

effinity and gerlando like this.
  4. gerlando

gerlando Prog Rocker

5. MANDY

MANDY pfm Member

if you want an Sme V I have one for sale 2250 including postage special delivery Royal Mail or collect but awkward at the mo
    im in North Yorkshire yo12

6. sq225917

That ebay kuzma is a stone bargain, seriously, half price.

7. Darren L

Darren L pfm Member

That's what I thought too ^^^^

8. BruceFlea

BruceFlea pfm Member

So the SME V has an RRP of £5200 ish. So what was your point about Projects loosing too much money?

9. oceanobsession

oceanobsession pfm Member

never heard a kuzma turntable how would there sound be described . phil.

10. MANDY

MANDY pfm Member

Buy a project keep it 10 years and when they have gone up in price with inflation see if you can still get anywhere near half of the original purchase price back , buy an sme have it 10 years it would still be worth close to your purchase price maybe more , same for Linn gear it holds its value.

Jimbobbyron and slawekt like this.
  11. sq225917

Thetes a lot of variables in that question, a bit like asking how an lp12 sounds.

The Stabi S doesnt sound like much of anything with a decent psu on it. I had a SME 10/V before I got mine. It's a little more vivid, lyrical sounding than the SME was imo.

It's a keeper, longest I've kept a deck.

12. BruceFlea

BruceFlea pfm Member

Ah I see, financial projection analysis, I’m more in the enjoying what I have group, as it’s quite possible I won’t be around in 10 years to worry too much about future values of my kit.

Anyhow my apologies to the OP, back on track for his wanted post.

13. MANDY

MANDY pfm Member

Yes unfortunately I tend to go through times were I swap boxes and often regret it so not losing money comes into the hobby.
    so easy to lose a fortune if your not careful , I'm currently running an lp12 se love it its perfect although keep coming. close to selling it.\Ive got an itch for an Avid acutus which ive never scratched but id probably regret it the lp12 is so good at what it does and is pleasing to the eye even the wife likes it .
    If only Lp12's were suitable for Sme V tonearms I could have my cake and eat it .

14. stereosteve

stereosteve Member

My SME 10/Series IV may be available.

15. BruceFlea

BruceFlea pfm Member

Ummm an LP12 SE very nice, always reminds me of the 80’s, do you have matching decor, you know woodchip or special edition anaglypta? Fan shaped artexed ceilings and teak sideboards, Reliant Robin van on the drive, so nice, Mandy you are a PFM style icon!

16. Martin hifi

Martin hifi pfm Member

I have pm'd you

17. Accuphaseman

Accuphaseman pfm Member

I’ve got a Pro ject x-tension 10, had it 7 years. I paid £2000 which was full price then. There now £3000. Second hand values are around the £2000 mark, so not much depreciation there. Unless you buy new now and sell immediately.

But the point I making is I didn’t buy it to make or lose money on. I bought it to listen to records for which I will do for years to come.Ive had 7 years of very enjoyable listening.

Iceman16 likes this.
  18. Iceman16

Iceman16 pfm Member

The Project Sig.10 are on offer £1000 off (trade-in). They just dont have them in stock (UK) £3000

19. gerlando

gerlando Prog Rocker

20. runforfree69

runforfree69 Spinning vinyl