advertisement

Turntable shelf

I have a Spacedeck sat on a Target shelf (old s/h one from the local small ads - 6 fixing holes) - Hyper is heavier (just how much I don't know) but the Space feels very secure with 1 1/2" screws/Rawlplugs into plaster over stone.

It would have been very convenient to put my Dais on my Target wall shelf, but everything has its limitations......:)

I have a Spacedeck sat on a Target shelf (old s/h one from the local small ads - 6 fixing holes) - Hyper is heavier (just how much I don't know) but the Space feels very secure with 1 1/2" screws/Rawlplugs into plaster over stone.

Hi Coda
Looking at the Hyperspace its quite large not sure of weight Dave give me dimensions for a lid to be made, so ill check Target shelf out

The mrs will probably want Maple to match rack :mad:

Target shelf is excellent and available S/H at low cost.

My own view is that any reputable wall shelf will add considerably to your TT enjoyment.

the real question is mounting - a well set up shelf, attached securely, and most importantly dead level, will beat a £££ shelf stuck up with no care for the spirit level!

The mrs will probably want Maple to match rack :mad:

The Target came with a thin, black, veneered piece of mdf sat on spikes - I replaced it with a much thicker piece of oak veneered mdf which was left over from the rest of the shelves that the system sits on and replaced the spikes with blu tack.

Like this?

It is unfinished, but you can get the idea. The material polishes to a nice satin sheen.

Now that looks chunky ! Presumably one could increase the shelf size considerably for larger footprint/heavier decks, but maybe there's a weight limit, looking at the the fixing back-plate size.

advertisement

Back