Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Turntable fabric dust cover - any recommendations?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Rug Doc, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Hi I would really like a black fabric cover for a turntable, seen loads on eBay, but no idea of quality. Has anyone purchased such a thing (or have one they no longer use and would sell on maybe?

2. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

To go over a lidded or nekid deck?

3. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Lidded. Two decks, a Yamaha YP-D9 and a Technics 1200.

4. Out to Lunch

Out to Lunch Well-Known Member

I use a black pillow case cover from Dunelm on my Amadeus.

Darren L, Rug Doc and guydarryl like this.
  5. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

Might be worth approaching a local soft furnishings supplier, someone who makes curtains, pillows etc. Very easy for someone with a sewing machine to run up a cover. Four corner seams and hem round the edges.

6. Pinky

Pinky In suspense, not compressed

7. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Aha! Thanks. Was loooking at that seller, thought it was good value.. do you have a pic? Is it a tight(ish) fit?

8. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

I use a tea towel to cover my LP12 when it's not in use.

Andy Stephenson and Mr Pig like this.
  9. misterc6

misterc6 Wasted and wounded, it ain’t what the moon did

10. Pinky

The seller asks you to supply the dimensions you want so the fit is as tight as you want it to be. I added a cm in each dimension to mine so that it's easy to slip on and off. They also made me one for the power supply for a few quid more.
    If I can get a pic sorted I'll post it later.

Rug Doc likes this.
  11. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Trade: ^'- -'^

Make one? How hard can it be?

AnilS likes this.
  12. Pinky

A piece of cake if you know your way around a sewing machine I suppose.

13. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Years ago, I just bought a piece of black felt. I 'hemmed' the 4 sides, sized for the exact size of the lid top surface, on the basis that most dust gathers on horizontal surfaces.

I don't bother with it now. I just dust over with a fluffy duster every once in a while, sweeping across (not circular motion), 3 sweeps is enough to do the lid on the RP6.

Occasionally use a cellulose sponge dampened with hot water and washing up liquid solution, again only sweeping across in one direction.

After 8 years or so, the lid is still blemish free.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/...bp2Zz6HgoCIr0PPNMm0XOHjjXovWeU8EaAjNCEALw_wcB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09CJBL1Y3/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Rug Doc likes this.
  14. dalryc

dalryc pfm Member

You could get a custom sized perspex sheet from eBay and put silicon/rubber feet on them.
    That wouldn't change the look much.