advertisement

Turntable choice confusion!!!

Possibly because of inadequate/incompatible placement, which has been mentioned re. Regas above and elsewhere.

Well if they absolutely must sit on a wall shelf to sound anything other than bland/mediocre then they need to make that perfectly clear when selling them. I see plenty of others on racks, furniture etc. so looks like plenty of people are unaware.

Hi Matt
Long time!!!!
I can assure you that the Zephyr has nothing in common with a Rega arm except the mounting hole and arm geometry!!!

Well if they absolutely must sit on a wall shelf to sound anything other than bland/mediocre then they need to make that perfectly clear when selling them. I see plenty of others on racks, furniture etc. so looks like plenty of people are unaware.

I've no idea, Matt, never having owned a Rega deck, but I've certainly read many times about not putting these on solid furniture or whatever; that they need to be on sth light. Can't imagine any manufacturer specifying suitability as there are just too many permutations; after all, you buy the deck and then find where it performs best. To a certain extent, that's the same with other hifi too.

My experience had lead to finding that suspended decks do respond to wall shelving or light surface on a table (rack) on concrete, but not on suspended floors, obv. My LP12 and Orbe followed this trend.

advertisement

Back