advertisement

Tune In and BBC

Paulq2

pfm Member
Am aware there's been a long term inability to natively stream BBC stations (and others like RP) through the Tune In platform.

If I am not going mad (likely) I am sure I read somewhere that you can use custom URL's as a workaround - is this actually possible and if so can anyone point me to where I can get the URL's for national and local BBC stations that actually work please?

Thanks.

Out of (potential) interest, despite hearing various tales of woe re BBC streaming (and being affected myself when I used to use Sonos), I am using Tune In, via Quboz, which works for BBC 1,2,4 and World Service stations (I don't know about the others, I don't listen to them). Likewise, there is a Radio Paradise stream (but this is separate, and not via Tune In) which I also listen to via Quboz.

I haven't knowingly done anything to achieve this, or taken any steps myself. I don't even know what a plug in is. My streamer is a Node 2i.

I suspect I am not alone in being able to do this.

Am aware there's been a long term inability to natively stream BBC stations (and others like RP) through the Tune In platform.

FWIW, streaming BBC stations via Tunein on Sonos works just fine. AFAIUI the argument is between the Beeb and Apple.

Tried to play a couple of BBC podcasts via Sonos today, which normally works fine, but nothing doing!
Mac

advertisement

Back