advertisement

Tumble dryers..?

I use a clothes line outside 90% of the time, obviously not when it's raining, snowing or freezing, then I use an airer in the utility room, we do have a tumble dryer, I think I've used it twice. They did a test on The Gadget Show a while back, the cheapest model came out top in the tests.

I like the look of that, unfortunately the only place I could use it is my office and my records are in there too!

It folds quite flat and is on casters. We move it into our bedroom during the day where it is used with a cover and no dehumidifier. Otherwise we use it in the spare room with the dehumidifier- (all our records are elsewhere)

Towels from the tumble dryer are soft and fluffy, but left on a clothes horse or similar they aren’t.

Not a fan of tumble dryers. Huge energy costs compared to draping over a clothes horse or hanging in the window in the (south facing) spare bedroom. Most things will dry overnight, 2 days tops for big things like linen duvet covers, and I think tumble dryers reduce the useful life of clothes, too.

Not a fan of tumble dryers. Huge energy costs compared to draping over a clothes horse or hanging in the window in the (south facing) spare bedroom. Most things will dry overnight, 2 days tops for big things like linen duvet covers, and I think tumble dryers reduce the useful life of clothes, too.
No energy costs really for ours. We use it when the sun is out if possible, solar panels do the rest. I really don’t want any damp issues in the house.

just wondering whether to get one as this vented one has only lasted 4 years . It has to pump air quite a distance so perhaps it's too much effort !!
What's a long way - if I get a vented one it'll have to push the air about 1500mm until I drill a hole, is that a long way ?

Bosch here
We only have one as the boss insists
Glad to say she puts a load more to hang dry these days and outside when sensible weather

No it's the vent pipe that goes up the wall and along to porch to a vent . Probably why the tumble dryer has died or dying

Tumble driers , dishwashers, how big is your carbon footprint?
None of us are saints, just some things stick out.

Just on a bit of a buzz as found out between gas and electric I’m a tenner in credit, real shock. But come April things change big time

advertisement

Back