advertisement

TT 230V Synchronous motor PSU options

Thanks for reply's , yes few options available Heed Orbit , Isoknetik IsoDrive( apparently exactly the same as Heed) , question is how steady they are .
Am more interested in how good they are electrically then sound improvement. M.Bastin Wave Mechanic is another option but they are 110V I think.

Step down transformers are no issue with turntables, could even be beneficial... it’s power amps that are more troublesome in this regard.

Some Clearaudio decks use a DC motor so those wouldn’t be compatible but yours obviously isn’t one of them.
I've sent pdf with specs of the motor , its basic 230V/50Hz synchronous motor with capacitor based phase shift , you're right if Orbit2 puts 230V there shouldn't be a problem , lets wait and see what they say .

Yup, just pm Meldano (Daniel) on diyudio.com
I've done it and paid already , thanks
That 24V Rega motor you,ve mentioned , do you have any dimensions ( diameter , height without shaft , size of the spindle), any idea where I could source one from?
Cheers

Ask joe to measure his spare, he's just built that fancy panzerhold deck

Ask paul Darwin nicely he'll usually supply one via local rega dealer.

I've looked at Rega motors , the one you've mentioned must be Premotec 24V/50Hz 9904 111 31823 ,unfortunately it won't fit/different mounting arrangements than CA.
I might get Project 24V/50Hz looks like they use the same manufacturer or I use my 230V and step up transformer to start with .

Ask joe to measure his spare, he's just built that fancy panzerhold deck

Ask paul Darwin nicely he'll usually supply one via local rega dealer.

Simon , I wonder if you have list of parts/suppliers for this controller , what's the voltage output range ?

I don't have the bom, parts were about £120 Inc switches and traffo. Only Meldano sells it. His design.

I've looked at Rega motors , the one you've mentioned must be Premotec 24V/50Hz 9904 111 31823 ,unfortunately it won't fit/different mounting arrangements than CA.
I might get Project 24V/50Hz looks like they use the same manufacturer or I use my 230V and step up transformer to start with .

I might still have a Project motor, fitted with a 'Linn' style pulley, from when I powered my LP12 with my Meldano PSU. the Project motor is 300rpm (at 50Hz), so you can run it at a lower frequency and the vibration basically drops to nothing. I'll have a look in the cupboard if you are interested.

I might still have a Project motor, fitted with a 'Linn' style pulley, from when I powered my LP12 with my Meldano PSU. the Project motor is 300rpm (at 50Hz), so you can run it at a lower frequency and the vibration basically drops to nothing. I'll have a look in the cupboard if you are interested.
Yes,please let me know

advertisement

Back