advertisement

Trying to put new valves in amp

I.D.C.

pfm Member
Finding it difficult to put new valves in to the amp. There is a frame at the top of the amp where the valves go making it really awkward. Would appreciate if anyone could look at the amp online to see if you have any ideas how to do it. Have already bent one pin slightly which I have fixed. The amp is a Pathos Inpol Remix.

Looking at pics online it looks at bit tricksy and I'd say a bit fiddly to insert new valves, perhaps a little difficult to see the valve base, having said that you got the old ones out, have you tried putting the old ones back in, just to see if you can, does the manual give any hints or tips, failing all of that, ask Pathos. It does look a bit awkward with those little uprights.

Looking at pics online it looks at bit tricksy and I'd say a bit fiddly to insert new valves, perhaps a little difficult to see the valve base, having said that you got the old ones out, have you tried putting the old ones back in, just to see if you can, does the manual give any hints or tips, failing all of that, ask Pathos. It does look a bit awkward with those little uprights.
Thanks Daron practice with the old ones is a good idea. Have sent e-mail to both Pathos and UKD importers for pathos. Not replied unfortunately. Nothing on the manual apart from tube type. Have searched the web and YouTube nothing there ether.

You can get 3 fingers in so I suggest you rock it back and forth and walk it out. If no go, you'll need to unscrew the lid.

Thanks Daron practice with the old ones is a good idea. Have sent e-mail to both Pathos and UKD importers for pathos. Not replied unfortunately. Nothing on the manual apart from tube type. Have searched the web and YouTube nothing there ether.

If they don't reply ask on their public social media page, you'll get a reply quickly.
Looks like it could be a tricky bugger to get the lid off with the valves in place @stevec67

It's very stiff. I was thinking it would screw out by twisting it but it's not moving. Dont want to take any tools to it as the amp is finished off in wood.

Exactly what i thought when I looked at it. Totally agree on not forcing it although I wouldn't expect tools to be required. Maybe the "rolling three fingers" approach is the method after all.

Ive had a look at pics online, the only fixings I can see are on the back panel, the top one on either side fixing the hood or cover in place, see if you can find any other fixings or screws that attach the top panel, it may be possible to remove it too give easy access to the valves, although I think they should be replaceable through the top panel, quite a striking looking design of an amp.

Will take the lid off and fit the valves that way. Thank you for the guidance.

Be careful, especially around the recessed flush fitting volume control, I think the lid may need to come forward and up at the same time and you may find the valves foul against the valve guards when in place.

Ive had a look at pics online, the only fixings I can see are on the back panel, the top one on either side fixing the hood or cover in place, see if you can find any other fixings or screws that attach the top panel, it may be possible to remove it too give easy access to the valves, although I think they should be replaceable through the top panel, quite a striking looking design of an amp.
At the front there is a lip above the buttons where there is two more screws ether end. So two at the front and two at the rear. Bingo

My wife came in and had a go she has dinky fingers. She managed to get the valves in will need to go out and get her a bottle of wine. Cant believe the improvement the music is just so airy.

advertisement

Back