advertisement

Trying to not break another pair of earphones...

Mike g

pfm Member
So I'm about to get yet another pair of earphones for iPod use (a pair of klipsch x10s- have had them before and they sound great and are the comfiest earbuds I've ever used). However I seem to go through earphones like these at a rate of knots. I think it's 2 things: 1 I use them constantly so always in and out of pockets and ears and 2 getting them caught on things while I wear them round the house. I know there are some things I can do to prolong their life (wrap them up properly after use, store them in the wee box they come with) but is there anything else I can do to prolong their life. It seems that the outer rubber sleaving never seems to protect the thin internal wires so ultimately a connection goes at ear one of the buds or at the jack.

Any ideas?

You're not alone. My Son has had at least six pairs at various price levels in the past 18 months or so. I know, because I have bought them for him !!!

He always looks after them but they are obviously not meant for daily use.

Get some sony ex700, I use them every day on my bike or rowing and treat them like crap and have done fro over a year.

Had my sennheiser cx 500s for 4-5 years, still in perfect shape, I don't use them daily now but I did for a couple of years when running cycling ect.

SoundMagic E30 at around £38 have served me very well daily, used during exercise a lot too. From the various options ive tried over the years they've been the best balance of decent sound, durability and vfm.

advertisement

Back