advertisement

Trump Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for our US contributors; what does Trump have on Lindsey Graham? I can't figure the guy out - he goes from calling Trump nuts to being his best buddy, golf partner and rabid defender. I mean, Graham clearly isn't stupid, and was for a long time John McCain's faithful sidekick. Is it purely a lust for power and being near the centre thereof? Fear of Trump's base at the next election? Or is Graham somehow implicated in other nefarious doiings?

What strikes me watching L Graham is the twist to his mouth when he is defending Trump/attacking Dems that portrays to me an underlining viciousness - I haven't seen this physical & physic "tell" in videos of his past utterances - it seems to be something new so maybe the orange Blimp has got into his head & twisted him?

Last edited:
What's happened to Graham is not complicated. Next November, he will be running for reelection to a fourth term as Senator from the very conservative South Carolina. He has simply made the calculation that impeachment will not result in conviction, and that he can not win without Trump's support.

It's just another case of person before party before country.

What's happened to Graham is not complicated. Next November, he will be running for reelection to a fourth term as Senator from the very conservative South Carolina. He has simply made the calculation that impeachment will not result in conviction, and that he can not win without Trump's support.

It's just another case of person before party before country.
Thank you, so just someone performing the basic duty of a US politician, as famously mentioned here to John Oliver at 2:07 here (one of The Daily Show's three specials on gun control):

Question for our US contributors; what does Trump have on Lindsey Graham? I can't figure the guy out - he goes from calling Trump nuts to being his best buddy, golf partner and rabid defender. I mean, Graham clearly isn't stupid, and was for a long time John McCain's faithful sidekick. Is it purely a lust for power and being near the centre thereof? Fear of Trump's base at the next election? Or is Graham somehow implicated in other nefarious doiings?

I've highlighted the likely answer.

Trump is nothing if not a fool who thinks he is being subtle - here he shows his first move in throwing Giuliani under the bus when he says about Giuliani "He looks for corruption wherever he goes!"
You can almost sense the next line - "I didn't know anything about what he was doing"
Anytime he's effusive about somebody "he's a good man, he's a great man" you know he's ready to drop them in the shits & is also sending out a plea to Giuliani not to flip on Trump

https://twitter.com/i/status/1187766512297242624

Practically all the third world countries currently in the news get it. I was listening to a world in upheavel news story last night, and when it was Argentina's turn the protesters cited ALL representatives of their government -- ALL parties were too corrupt to have any faith in. In other words, the inevitable collapse once the truth is embraced. But not in first world nations. Nope. It plays on and on, decade after decade, with so few in acceptance of that. It boggles the mind that people given just enough to think they have too much to lose so easily become the proverbial frogs in the boiling pot.

Practically all the third world countries currently in the news get it. I was listening to a world in upheavel news story last night, and when it was Argentina's turn the protesters cited ALL representatives of their government -- ALL parties were too corrupt to have any faith in. In other words, the inevitable collapse once the truth is embraced. But not in first world nations. Nope. It plays on and on, decade after decade, with so few in acceptance of that. It boggles the mind that people given just enough to think they have too much to lose so easily become the proverbial frogs in the boiling pot.

marky.

we are getting there incrementally.

I reckon that one of the possible reasons why Barr is on a witch hunt (this truly is a witch hunt) to prove wrongdoing in the US intelligence services (I'm sure he'll find something as these boyos are not altar boys) is to fend off the damage from the impending release of the Mueller background material. I've no doubt that a lot of this material was referred to the intelligence community for counter-intelligence investigations into Trump & associates - there were 10 or 12 of these AFAIR? This material may well be one of the final dominos to fall & I believe it will tie into the current players in the impeachment TV series.

When this Mueller material is released, I'll be interested in hearing all those people who said there was nothing in the Mueller report except complete exoneration of Trump & associates

to prove wrongdoing in the US intelligence services

whether it's wrongdoing or something else, i am 100% convinced there was unethical pressure/influence from the DNC and clinton forces/connections. hillary telegraphed it during the 2016 campaign.

I believe the premise behind Barr's investigation is that Mifsud is actually a CIA operative whose role was to seed the investigation into Trump & associates. Basically to negate the whole basis of the fact that of Russian interference in the election, negate Manafort's conviction, negate Flynn's indictment.

Do you believe this?

I believe the premise behind Barr's investigation is that Mifsud is actually a CIA operative whose role was to seed the investigation into Trump & associates. Basically to negate the whole basis of the fact that of Russian interference in the election, negate Manafort's conviction, negate Flynn's indictment.

Do you believe this?

what i believe is precisely what i posted. i didn't say that the trump and barr were good actors here. that's unfortunate because we still don't have any sort of clear account of what instigated the big mueller debacle. we've also just seen a horrible display of mccarthyism on the tail of it, with tulsi gabbard and jill stein being called russian assets.

also, let's not forget what has happened to glenn greenwald -- which is pretty much equivalent to murdering a journalist, but way more successful in that you can erase him without the controversy of a murder.

we've also just seen a horrible display of mccarthyism on the tail of it, with tulsi gabbard and jill stein being called russian assets.
Russian asset is a pretty broad term nowadays. On one hand, you've got the NRA, and a lot of conservatives, tripping over their junk to snuggle with Maria Butina, which totally escaped me since she looks like a stoner dude with boobs, and now the queen of Arkansas is tossing the term around with her patented implausible deniability shtick, no doubt pleasing the "but those emails" parrots at Kos no end.

what i believe is precisely what i posted. i didn't say that the trump and barr were good actors here. that's unfortunate because we still don't have any sort of clear account of what instigated the big mueller debacle. we've also just seen a horrible display of mccarthyism on the tail of it, with tulsi gabbard and jill stein being called russian assets.

also, let's not forget what has happened to glenn greenwald -- which is pretty much equivalent to murdering a journalist, but way more successful in that you can erase him without the controversy of a murder.
I agree - the Clinton shit reveals her true colours - fascist McCarthyism
What happened to Grennwald, I haven't seen this?

I agree that the whole mess is a cesspit of corruption & it's difficult to forge a pathway through all this shit without finding yourself backing some corrupt actors
A common response to this is to give up in frustration & when the opportunity arises vote some corrupt fool into office giving a finger to it all but this is exactly how a different corruption fills the vacuum of disinterested frsutration

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back