advertisement

Trump Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the math.

here you go:

math-equations-png-math-equations-transparent-115632132680glfdfj95n.png

i don't think that is correct. there is no way the founding fathers would have allowed something that awful to happen.

By "correct", do you mean "true", or "right"? They're not necessarily the same thing.

By "correct", do you mean "true", or "right"? They're not necessarily the same thing.

OK -- it seems people are not getting the bad attempt at humour.

1- with the impeachment thing going on, i/we have been inundated with politicians and millionaire media personalities referencing the constitution with eyes on the verge of tearing up.

2- there was good article in harpers' a few months ago in which several intelligent experts (historians + lawyers, if i recall) discussed the constitution and consensus was that it was terribly out of date and actually holding the nation back. one of them pointed out that the way political argument was often made when citing the document was essentially like the flawed, selective quoting of the bible we also see in the USA.

mix all that up with a spatula and you can come up with a cynical comment or two.

2- there was good article in harpers' a few months ago in which several intelligent experts (historians + lawyers, if i recall) discussed the constitution and consensus was that it was terribly out of date and actually holding the nation back. one of them pointed out that the way political argument was often made when citing the document was essentially like the flawed, selective quoting of the bible we also see in the USA.

Sad but true. There are those who refer to the Constitution as "American Scripture". There's a pretty fine line between patriotism and religion.

Got a link to that article?

Sad but true. There are those who refer to the Constitution as "American Scripture". There's a pretty fine line between patriotism and religion.

Got a link to that article?

I think it was pfm sage tones who pointed out that the one true religion of America is America.

So it seems only appropriate to insert this rousing video

With the impeachment thing going on, i/we have been inundated with politicians and millionaire media personalities referencing the constitution with eyes on the verge of tearing up.

Constitutional symptoms can affect many different systems in the body Vuk. The limbic and lacrimal systems being just two of them.

This is surely a sticky wicket for the Republican Party? The whole of the US has seen the systematic bullying, the stonewalling and the disregard for the rule of law when it comes to documentation and witnesses independent of whether we assume guilt of innocence.

The likelihood is that the GOP will vote in a partisan fashion and the impeachment process will end in the Senate. The issue that they might well face might then is that the evidence, which they have all partaken in covering from the gaze of the American public, will almost certainly find its way into the public domain - either through the national press or via social media.

What do they do then? It will become totally obvious that they, as a whole, took part in one of the most (if not THE most) extensive coverups in modern day Western politics. They will, in a sane world, become unelectable for a generation. It is not then just Trumpers. It is the GOP and they will have been found doing exactly that which their electoral platform assured voters they were there to prevent and to eradicate. Corruption.

The stakes for the Republican Party are huge. They are relying on the likes of Bolton and Mulvaney not going public having been denied the opportunity to speak from the witness box. That seems to be one hell of a gamble to me.

The stakes for the Republican Party are huge. They are relying on the likes of Bolton and Mulvaney not going public having been denied the opportunity to speak from the witness box. That seems to be one hell of a gamble to me.

if we are going to talk about naive political assessments/predictions, i'd like to submit the above.

the only people taking the impeachment seriously at this point are the media personalities and a few political obsessives.

Vuk.

I (rather tediously and sadly) watched almost every single minute of the presentations. Speaking with a former legal representative who is a good friend and is now, purely an interested spectator, only a naive, Fox watching, uneducated American with zero appreciation of legal precedent would assume that the presentation was anything other than damning. I do however accept that there are a large number of Americans outside of major urban conurbations who fit that description.

As I said, no one is expecting the impeachment to get past a partisan (and frightened), GOP controlled Senate - that's entirely true. In that respect it cannot be taken seriously. As a means to exposing the overall corruption and dishonesty of the Trump administration however, it will be most effective.

You claim that, "the only people taking the impeachment seriously at this point are the media personalities and a few political obsessives"

I'm assuming you are including CNN in that category - giving over their entire channel to live coverage throughout the day without plummeting ratings?

Time will tell.

I personally would urge you to watch the proceedings in full prior to forming an opinion and posting it on a public forum - otherwise it might well be you that appears naive.

Our case against lyin’, cheatin’, liddle’ Adam “Shifty” Schiff, Cryin’ Chuck Schumer, Nervous Nancy Pelosi, their leader, dumb as a rock AOC, & the entire Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrat Party, starts today at 10:00 A.M. on @FoxNews, @OANN or Fake News @CNN or Fake News MSDNC!

THIS is a man America wants representing them on the World Stage? Aided by a triumvirate of mafia attorneys?

Oh and if I could repeat my question sir, what does the Constitution say about war crimes?

I personally would urge you to watch the proceedings in full prior to forming an opinion and posting it on a public forum - otherwise it might well be you that appears naive.

i've only seen about 5 minutes of it, if you count what has been reproduced on the news. so, i guess i'm an easy mark and you'll be glad to wager a large sum on the senate voting to convict.

Oh and if I could repeat my question sir, what does the Constitution say about war crimes?

basically, the same sort of thing it says about internet regulation, industrial farming, car safety and environmental protection.

basically, the same sort of thing it says about internet regulation, industrial farming, car safety and environmental protection.

I therefore assume they are not covered under the constitution and therefore is not impeachable Vuk?

Why would you lash out with your statement then? It makes no sense.

Again, with all respect, if you HAVE only seen about five minutes, I'd make the suggestion that you do not offer up your opinions on proceedings and their impact on the perception of the administration on a public forum.

I therefore assume they are not covered under the constitution and therefore is not impeachable Vuk?

Why would you lash out with your statement then? It makes no sense.

Again, with all respect, if you HAVE only seen about five minutes, I'd make the suggestion that you do not offer up your opinions on proceedings and their impact on the perception of the administration on a public forum.

^^^ is this a real person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back